Join for free
Page 29 of 164 « First < 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 129 > Last »
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 10:34 AM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

Should the virus be left to run wild in the population just because that's what happened in the past, especially now that something can be done about it?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 11:03 AM

Silver Tabby, I hope all goes well with your vaccination today, let us know how goes.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Should the virus be left to run wild in the population just because that's what happened in the past, especially now that something can be done about it?
I'm glad that it's not me who has to make that decision mart.
Despite some other countries managing the virus a lot better than we seem to have done, I think the problem in the UK is a lot more complex, and similar countries to us (France, Germany, Spain, Italy and the Netherlands) have encountered the same difficult situation we find ourselves in.

It's not a case of letting the virus run wild mart, more a case of looking after those who need protection the most ie The elderly and those who have a compromised immune system. Most people seem to be able to suffer from no more than a heavy dose of the flu, or even not at all. So it would make sense to allow those people to carry on with their businesses and employment. We do need an economy to return to, otherwise deaths will not come from the virus, but from poverty and mounting debt, it's happening already!

I would suggest that all travellers coming here by air and other means should be stopped, otherwise we are flogging a dead horse with the lockdown. Other strains have been identified from other countries already, so they are obviously been brought here from abroad. As I said earlier, it's a hard call, and lives will be lost either way and I'm glad it's not me who has to make the decision, but I believe Boris and his associates are doing the best that they can under the circumstances.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 01:30 PM

We received our letters inviting us to book appointments for the jab this morning. On-line booking service gave us a vaccination centre about 30 miles away. No thanks, not when we know there are at least 2 within a couple of miles from where we live. We'll wait for the Docs to call us.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
We received our letters inviting us to book appointments for the jab this morning. On-line booking service gave us a vaccination centre about 30 miles away. No thanks, not when we know there are at least 2 within a couple of miles from where we live. We'll wait for the Docs to call us.
Sounds like some aspects of the organisation of the system could be better.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Sounds like some aspects of the organisation of the system could be better.
Even better yet, V's just had a phone call offering her an appointment for Friday morning this week at one of our local centres. I've got to wait a little longer 'cos they're working on the 72-74 age group atm.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 02:15 PM

Even better yet, V's just had a phone call offering her an appointment for Friday morning this week at one of our local centres. I've got to wait a little longer 'cos they're working on the 72-74 age group atm.
One day, I'm sure they'll get down to the 68 age group...
me!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 02:26 PM

I hear what you are saying OGF, we are between the devil and the deep blue sea. A depressing picture over all.

Just hearing on the News there's another variant of the virus, as well as the South African one. A door-to-door testing operation going on not too far away from where we are.

Still, not much more we can do about it personally. I've had to be hard over not seeing family and friends, protecting a sickly Mrs mart and all. I sometimes feel it might have been pointless and they'll just remember me as being a miserable old git (MOG status ).
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I hear what you are saying OGF, we are between the devil and the deep blue sea. A depressing picture over all.

Just hearing on the News there's another variant of the virus, as well as the South African one. A door-to-door testing operation going on not too far away from where we are.

Still, not much more we can do about it personally. I've had to be hard over not seeing family and friends, protecting a sickly Mrs mart and all. I sometimes feel it might have been pointless and they'll just remember me as being a miserable old git (MOG status ).
Stay safe mart, and keep on doing what you are doing. It's the same here, I've not been able to see my daughter for the last month and am really missing her and her hubby. They used to come for tea every Saturday and we would catch up with all the news.

Yes, I've just been reading about the new variant, the Kent variant I believe they call it. It's getting a bit frightening now mart, it doesn't seem to be going away.

I've just received a letter from the hotel we should have been staying at last year in Guernsey. We deferred it until this year in August, but the letter says that covid has broken out on the island and they have been placed on a new lockdown. It was thought that it had been eradicated from Guernsey. I would have thought that it would have been relatively easy to isolate such a small island, apparently not....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 05:40 PM

Good news Percy, hope you won’t have to wait too long.

Page 29 of 164 « First < 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 129 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top