Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2016, 09:31 AM

Re: What would you rather live without

Definitely my mobile, kept only for emergencies, but the computer is my means of seeing and talking to friends and family in comfort from home. My mobile does have internet but who on earth wants to be talking to family and friends in public whilst out and about ?
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2016, 09:42 AM

Whilst I managed before these items came into my life I would prefer NOT to live without either my PC/Tablet or Phone as they were bought for good reasons.

All three have a purpose in my life although the much loathed mobile is only used for emergencies.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2016, 11:22 AM

These few extra pounds round my tummy lol!!!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2016, 11:28 AM

lol Doc.....or should I say "piggy" ....you an me both!
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2016, 01:08 PM

I can get on just fine without my iPhone . Now chocolate that's another matter couldn't cope without a KitKat
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2016, 02:16 PM

I couldn't choose! I like my phone for taking photos instead of carrying a camera, but, I like me laptop, even though it's old for playing games viewing videos etc and editing photos. However, I would prefer to get my old ME pc going again.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2016, 10:43 AM

I am always amazed by the number of people who only use their mobile for 'emergencies'. I can't speak for the UK but it is certainly true here that if your combined monthly phone bill is in excess of $40 (£20) a month then ditch the landline and only use the mobile.

The killer with landlines is the line rental which is usually about $20 (we still get untimed local calls which I understand is not the case in the UK) but even so with so many mobile companies offering all calls and texts for $40 to $45 plus internet data (amount varies depending on company) why would you pay for a line line as well?

Even more so with the broadband fibre where the internet is not dependent on you having a phone line. My landline went the day I got fibre installed I still have my old number as VOIP but all my calls are on my mobile.

Let's face it your mobile is:

Diary
Street Directory
GPS
Train and bus timetable
Camera
Tape recorder
Your bush fire warning
Traffic hold up warning
Encyclopaedia
Bank
Money Manager

and so much more, I would rather forget my wallet than my phone.
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2016, 10:51 AM

I can't remember my mobile number (and wouldn't want to give it to every site that demands a number). I can sort of remember where it is but I know it needs charging up.

And I can't remember how much I've got left on my mobile. I mean I get a £10 voucher occasionally and put it on. But it'd be difficult to assess it as a monthly bill, as I can't remember when I last got such a voucher.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2016, 03:45 PM

Well I don't have a landline so my (non-smart) mobile phone is my only phone. Still don't use it much, though feel safer having it. But I really really wouldn't like to lose my laptop. It is my source of information, means of communication with many, photo library and much much more.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2016, 04:14 PM

My Answerphone at home which I leave on all the time and pick the phone up when I recognise the caller. I have to leave it on as I am plagued by sales calls even though I have been ex-directory for years. I do miss being able to answer the phone wondering who it is on the other end. Some of my relatives don't like talking to an answerphone and put the phone down. Of course if they are ex-directory too my call to 1471 just says "The caller withheld their number" and I am left frustrated wondering who it was that called. Damn those pesky cold callers !!!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top