Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 03:59 PM

Re: That Friday Feeling

I still get the Friday feeling , don"t know why as I don"t work.
I just do .
Grin
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
When l was about 19 or 20, I used to really look forward to Friday!
Rushing out of work to get home to get ready to meet my friends.

We’d hitch a lift over to Stratford Upon On Avon, to go the discotheque at the Drake Rooms.

We’d each buy, a barley wine and dance to music by Junior Walker, the Four Tops, Temptations, Lee Dorsey, Spencer Davis and many more.

When l was married and the children were young, we looked forward to and loved our ‘Friday Steak Night’ at home.
My husband would always say, TGIF
When Mr A still worked he used to refer to Friday as POETS Day. Always made me chuckle.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I still get the Friday feeling , don"t know why as I don"t work.
I just do .
Grin
Good for you, and why not?
Friday is my favourite day.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 04:06 PM

I'm still working for another 14 years. I look forward to That Friday Feeling from 10pm Sunday night onwards
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

02-02-2018, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Good for you, and why not?
Friday is my favourite day.
Aw, thanks., mine too.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 04:45 PM

Arty, you stirred up some great memories.

At university, my brother and I bought a popular college hangout that only served beer and snacks, so Friday afternoon I would be stocking up, getting the muscians set up, and getting the ready for what was always the biggest night of the week. Because I worked another job to feed the business, and was taking courses full time, a free Friday night was as rare as a radium.

If had a date (did I ever? ) or was going out with friends, I would often use my budgeted food money for the next week to buy a new dress. Priorites, you see.

I rarely go out - repsonsibilities, dogs, happy at home and all , but I do still get that feeling and try to build in a little fun like kayaking, taking the dogs to the beach for sunset, cleaning out the refrigerator/freezer, washing the wood floors, scrubbing bathrooms, or sorting laundry. Ooo, I am a wild thing!

But I still feel like like Friday - once a week!

Now what to do, what to do.... Better, what are your plans?

mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 05:22 PM

We both retired 9 years ago but we both still have that Friday feeling. Our home gets a thorough clean on a Friday. Pulling out furniture, changing bed linen etc. That's work out of the way.

My husband meets his friends in the evening, for a few drinks and to sort the world's problems out.

I have some close friends and each Friday one of us will cook some food and we all make the effort to dress nicely and put on some make up. We put on some music and have a drink or three. There is always something to chat about.

Saturday is an evening out together for a meal, either by ourselves or with one of our daughter's and family

Sunday is a Sunday roast at home with usually, some of the family.

I really look forward to our weekends.

So yes I still have that Friday feeling.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 06:25 PM

Well I’ve definitely got that Friday feeling today, last weekend I was on call and had to get up on Saturday and Sunday, to go to work, so after 12 days of continuous work ,I’m definitely having a Friday feeling.....right now!
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 06:38 PM

And well deserved too.👍🏽
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 06:43 PM

Actually Tango this thread made me laugh because yesterday my daughter rang me upset, when I asked her what was wrong she said I thought today was Friday and I just realised it's Thursday!

On the plus side, Summer - two Friday feelings for your daughter in the same week, albeit temporarily.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top