Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2018, 02:27 PM

Re: What Should You? Have You? Will You? Pass Along...

Living on a farm we often get teens doing their Degrees in Farming and Animal Husbandry along from the Collage for practical work. We teach them quite a bit of the Hands On Stuff, my OH more than me, but I do help out when needed.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2018, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Living on a farm we often get teens doing their Degrees in Farming and Animal Husbandry along from the Collage for practical work. We teach them quite a bit of the Hands On Stuff, my OH more than me, but I do help out when needed.
That's just brilliant, Roxy! How generous of you and your partner to make this happen - and in such a beautiful location! I am sure you hook many of them, and is must be satisfying. I think I'll put on my best teen look and stop by for a lesson or two....or skip the look (that might be a little frightening, now that I think about it), and take a lesson or two .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2018, 07:29 PM

Sorry Tara and Surfermom.
But I was referring to metal turning/ Threads, Engine parts, Flanges, shafts and miscellaneous precision components. I've even turned Square parts on a Centre Lathe.........And my Centre Lathe of choice would be the Colchester 2000 there are very few metal components I could not manufacture on one of these.......
It can be set up to thread in either Imperial or Metric.....
I've spent the greater part of my working life on one of these.....Isn't she a beauty... And I could pass this rapidly dying out skill to my daughter....

Although a four jaw chuck and a quick release indexing toolpost would be obligatory....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2018, 08:30 PM

The only talent I had of making jewellery for a living I passed on to my son, and although he doesn’t do it to earn his bread (he services computers, far better money in it he says) he always has it to amuse himself or fall back on should he need to, he’ll be inheriting all the gear when I can no longer use it.
I did try to teach the missus the game when she was a young woman, but hard as I tried she just wasn’t able to grasp it, I was fit to be tied up after trying for two weeks. but I have to say she is an excellent shirt maker, a brilliant cook, and a fair singer, but then you can’t have it every way can you?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top