Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2012, 12:52 PM

Re: Out of the ordinary.

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Here you are UJ, you can have it delivered to your door

http://www.exoticmeats.co.uk/crocodile-meat.html
Have ordered some Blesbok and Kangaroo steaks Mags darlin' - will let you know when they arrive and what they taste like - the Kangaroo I already know - its delightful, but have not tried Blesbok before.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2012, 08:17 PM

How will you cook it Uncle Joe?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2012, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
How will you cook it Uncle Joe?
Mall darlin' - in the slow cooker. Marinaded in a combination of: Worcester sauce, Soy sauce and Balsamic vinegar overnight, then strained from the marinade, tossed in plain flour and flash fried with an onion and several cloves of garlic for approx 4 - 5 mins. Scooped out with a slotted spoon and placed in slow cooker. Gravy is then made with Bisto powder and an oxo cube on the marinade, vegetables (previously peeled and chopped) placed in the frying pan and fried for a few minutes. Gravy is then poured over the veg (it will thicken due to the flour) as it boils. When that happens the whole of the contents of the frying pan is poured over the meat in the slow cooker and switched on. Leave for approx 4 - 5 hours. Voila!!!! Blesbok casserole.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

24-05-2012, 06:04 PM

Mags darlin' - my Blesbok and Kangaroo arrived by special courier earlier this afternoon - I've placed them in my freezer for the moment (they were already frozen) and will try them in the next few days.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2012, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Mags darlin' - my Blesbok and Kangaroo arrived by special courier earlier this afternoon - I've placed them in my freezer for the moment (they were already frozen) and will try them in the next few days.
I'll be very interested to hear what you think of them, Uncle Joe ........ shame I couldn't bring myself to eat anything like that!
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2012, 12:05 AM

What is a Blesbok anyway?
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2012, 12:11 AM

I have eaten crocodile, very tentatively, I didn't like it. Living in Africa I have tried some "weird" foodstuffs at times, usually out of politeness, but I'm not really a very adventurous eater although I did very much like some of the local dishes, such as matoke, I even quite like ugali, but I don't like any game meat at all, I find it really strong and unpleasant.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2012, 01:03 AM

I tried the tiniest piece of venison when I went to the USA but found it a very strong meat, and I only tried it out of politeness.

I would never even attempt frogs legs because of the way they are killed. The frogs have their legs sliced off with a razor blade, whilst still alive, then the bodies thrown into a bucket to bleed to death, and I do hate cruelty to animals.

Snails? Well, I have surplus amount of them in my garden during the rain, and why would anybody want to eat a slug, because they are gastropods from the same family as snails? Yuk!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

25-05-2012, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I'll be very interested to hear what you think of them, Uncle Joe ........ shame I couldn't bring myself to eat anything like that!
Mags darlin' - I've eaten Kangaroo previously so know the taste of that very well and can recommend it - its a very healthy meat as there is no fat on it, its just good solid wholesome meat. As for the Blesbok, it looks ok in the packet, we'll just have to see when I defrost and cook it.

Mary darlin' What is a Blesbok anyway? According to the web site (there is a picture of one there) its a cross between an antelope and a goat. Will let you know what it tastes like when I defrost and cook it.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2012, 09:36 PM

Mollie.
Cattle are shot through the head with a six inch metal bolt, slung up and then their throats are cut. Then a pithing wire is inserted into the bolt hole to scramble the brain, just to make sure the beast is dead. Enjoy your steak.

Lambs are stunned and then their throats are cut and then hung up to bleed. Enjoy your lamb chop.

Pigs are stunned and their throats cut, hung to bleed, dropped into a scalding tank, put into a dehairer, which beats the carcass. Enjoy your roast pork dinner.

If you eat any kind of creature it has to be killed for your enjoyment. Let's not be hypocritical about it's demise.

As for snails. Have you never eaten periwinkles?

I do draw the line at chocolate covered cockroaches.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top