Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2013, 03:20 PM

Re: I'm sad and sorry

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Lisa darlin' - didn't you stop and pick it up??? Pheasant, is pheasant is pheasant and road kill is perfectly legitimate!!!
We were told it was illegal to pick up what you killed but ok if you found it dead after someone else had killed it. Not saying you are wrong just not sure which of us has the right info
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2013, 03:20 PM

Oh you lot are great....friends i've never met...
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2013, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jean ->
Oh so that is to make her feel better.
Might make her feel a lot worse if she did take it home and ate it - you don't know what diseases it could have!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2013, 04:05 PM

People "hang them for a few days before cooking them anyway, so germs won't make any difference.

I hope it wasn't related to Lord Percival Pluckett - see "Birds" post #81
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2013, 04:09 PM

I wasn't thinking of germs.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2013, 04:12 PM

Worms?
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

30-11-2013, 04:14 PM

no, some disease that could be transmitted to people. When you think of the vigorous guidelines in place for animals destined for the food chain, I'd be a bit worried about something scraped up off the road!
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2013, 04:24 PM

I get very emotional about road kills and I've been lucky for some time now as I use country roads to and from work so, although I've had close calls myself, several times, with pheasants and deer I've not been the cause of a fatality to an animal for years, to the best of my knowledge.

I still vividly remember going onto a dual carriageway three years ago and seeing an entire family of hedgehogs; two parents and three young ones flattened by someone, probably a truck.

OK, I'm far too emotional but seeing that particular result upset me all day.

Three years ago I stopped on a country road because a pickup truck was in front with his hazard flashers going.

I got out and found a farm worker bent over a badger that had been hit by someone.

It was in agony and the bloke was in tears, asking ME what to do.

I said to put the poor thing out of it's misery, which he did with a sledge-hammer.

Shortly afterwards a Police car turned up as he and I dragged the corpse into the hedgerow - we were both in tears at the time.

This Policeman was a countryman himself and told us to go for a short walk, have a fag maybe, while he directed folk around the cars until we'd recovered.

It felt right to feel that way and I still do get upset at dead animals in the road, always will.

You did all you could Lavander - really. stevmk2
Angelfire
South, USA
Angelfire is female  Angelfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2013, 02:06 AM

I am sorry that happened to you. What people hit mostly in US, are racoons and deer. They say deer will walk in front of their car before they can even hit the brakes. It's quite dangerous too.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2013, 07:50 AM

Interesting article here about a man who lives on road kill:-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...raneflies.html

Not sure that I would fancy some of his choices!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top