Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2012, 08:16 AM

Re: Olympic security includes surface-to-air missiles

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Unfortunately, in this day and age, profit should not come before security, although I do appreciate what has been already said.

I don't know who's in charge of the security of the games, but I wouldn't have that job for a gold pig.

It is indeed a major target area with so many different nations taking part, but we have to be realistic. If something is going to happen, it will, despite all the security measures. That's not being alarmist, but realistic.
Just as well Mollie darlin' - most of us on here have no interest in it, will not be attending any of the events and are bored to tears with the whole damn business. If money were no object I wouldn't even be the country for the three weeks of the games.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2012, 05:39 AM

I have a friend in London who is desperate to bail out while the Games are on but scared to leave her home empty while so many people are going to be there.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2012, 09:57 AM

I have lots of DVDs and programmes/films on my Freeview Plus hard-drive, so if the television stations insist on showing the Olympics to the exclusion of everything else, I'll just load up my DVD player.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2012, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I have lots of DVDs and programmes/films on my Freeview Plus hard-drive, so if the television stations insist on showing the Olympics to the exclusion of everything else, I'll just load up my DVD player.
Too Right.
Jimbo
Aberdeen,UK
Jimbo is male  Jimbo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2012, 10:21 AM

Just as well Mollie darlin' - most of us on here have no interest in it, will not be attending any of the events and are bored to tears with the whole damn business. If money were no object I wouldn't even be the country for the three weeks of the games.

What do you mean Joe "Most of us on here have no interest in it".....I have and could watch the games all day long. I love watching a great sporting occasion.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

07-05-2012, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Too Right.
Case proved Jimbo. Most of us are sick and tired of the Olympics and the hype surrounding it.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2012, 11:32 AM

I also like watching the Olympics on TV, I also watch all the Athletics meetings throughout the year. I admit there is a lot of cost and security involved but it is the actual coming together of all the greatest athletes in the world that I want to see. The political side of the Olympics is another subject apart from the actual sport.

If people are 'bored to tears' with it being shown on TV, there are now numerous other channels that they can watch instead.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

07-05-2012, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I also like watching the Olympics on TV, I also watch all the Athletics meetings throughout the year. I admit there is a lot of cost and security involved but it is the actual coming together of all the greatest athletes in the world that I want to see. The political side of the Olympics is another subject apart from the actual sport.

If people are 'bored to tears' with it being shown on TV, there are now numerous other channels that they can watch instead.
That's only true if some of the stations don't devote large amounts of their broadcasting to the games Mags darlin'. Hence my comment that I have a large library of films and 'other' programmes recorded onto either DVDs or a hard-drive which I can watch at my leisure if there happens to be nothing else but olympics to watch.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2012, 11:48 AM

That's only true if some of the stations don't devote large amounts of their broadcasting to the games Mags darlin'. Hence my comment that I have a large library of films and 'other' programmes recorded onto either DVDs or a hard-drive which I can watch at my leisure if there happens to be nothing else but olympics to watch.
That's fine UJ, you enjoy watching those and I'll enjoy watching the Olympics
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2012, 05:31 PM

I enjoy the Olympics but tv coverage from any of the USA channels is very biased. If a US athlete comes in 3rd they'll get the interview and attention while the winner and 2nd place are ignored.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top