Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2011, 11:09 AM

Re: May I introduce to you....

Where I grew up its called bacon badger. We used to have it for supper. There wasn't the stuffing in though it was onions, potato and bacon.
And here it is

http://www.cookitsimply.com/recipe-0010-0p1119.html
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2011, 11:22 AM

Variation on a theme Cassie darlin'
dragon
florida, usa
dragon is female  dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2011, 12:09 PM

GAG!!!! & double gag
Dollychris
South Wales
Dollychris is female  Dollychris has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2011, 04:24 PM

OK - you have my full interest people - can u give me an idea of what Bacon Pie involves - I just cannot imagine but will reserve judgement until someone gives me the recipe.................x
Dollychris
South Wales
Dollychris is female  Dollychris has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2011, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Mags darlin' - delighted.

You'll need: 500 grms Streaky bacon
1 Pkt Sage & onion stuffing mix
1 pkt parsley & Thyme stuffing mix
8 oz Self-raising Flour
1 pkt Suet mix
water

Make suet pastry and roll flat on floured board. lay strips of bacon across pastry until fully covered. Sprinkle with both stuffing mixes. Roll pastry into sausage shape and wrap in either pudding cloth or foil paper tightly so as to be water tight and tie down with string. Either place in a saucepan of water and boil for approx 90 - 120 mins or place in a steamer for same length of time. Serve with appropriate vegetables in season and pour rich gravy over the top - absolutely delicious, a real rib-sticker on a cold winter's day!!!

Bon Appetite Mags darlin'
Errmmmm...........just seen the recipe Uncle Joe and not too sure but will give it a try (maybe). It's the thought of that suet that puts me off but one never knows until one tries it.Have used suet for Jam Roly Poly and that is yummy. Does anyone here like Welsh cakes? Coming from South Wales I can recommend to one and all. Wonderful with a nice cuppa or coffee. x

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top