Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2012, 12:59 AM

Re: Tessa

Aw thanks Mollie, you are so spot on!!

Love your interpretation of what she's thinking as well, you are probably right. Thanks again
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2012, 11:12 PM

So sorry to hear of your loss Tessa certainly had a wonderful life and you have taken her to some beautiful places sleep tight sweet girl...Sue
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2012, 12:15 AM

Thanks Sue, yes we certainly went to some lovely places over the years
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2012, 01:00 AM

Beautiful photo's of a lovely dog. It is very sad when they leave us. But we always have our memories and photo's.
marpaul
North Cumbria

04-01-2012, 01:14 AM

Thanks Shaz, I have some lovely memories of her and cant stop looking at her photos.
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2012, 03:45 PM

I used to have two lovely Scotties, but they have both sadly gone. They were 12yrs and 13yrs old. We were both heart broken.

We said that we would not have another dog. This did not last long, house felt very empty without them. We now have a lovely little Shih Tzu. We still miss the Scotties. Lots of good memories and photos of them both.

It's funny how we all get so attached to our pets. They are more like a family member.
marpaul
North Cumbria

04-01-2012, 05:13 PM

Yes we do get attached to our pets don't we. I've never had children so my pets have always been my babies!!

Yes I can see that you would miss your Scotties a lot. As a matter of interest how long did you leave it before you got your little Shih Tzu?
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2012, 08:31 PM

Get one when you feel you can cope,had you thought of a rescue dog, give them a second chance.I went about four days with out Sophie when she was put to sleep, she had fluid on her lungs and she was 10 years old, we then got her cousin who was looking for another home after having a spine disorder, the breeder had a few dogs to either find new homes or put them to sleep. I wasnt having another dog but Joe is younger than me and he wanted a dog. She is about ten now and the day will dawn when she has to go but I pray she goes first. I have three lots of dogs ashes in the house waiting for me and then we will all be scattered together.
marpaul
North Cumbria

09-01-2012, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Get one when you feel you can cope,had you thought of a rescue dog, give them a second chance.I went about four days with out Sophie when she was put to sleep, she had fluid on her lungs and she was 10 years old, we then got her cousin who was looking for another home after having a spine disorder, the breeder had a few dogs to either find new homes or put them to sleep. I wasnt having another dog but Joe is younger than me and he wanted a dog. She is about ten now and the day will dawn when she has to go but I pray she goes first. I have three lots of dogs ashes in the house waiting for me and then we will all be scattered together.
Hi Annie, yes I had thought of a rescue dog and that's probably what I'll end up doing but not for a while yet as still have Bonnie who's nearly 14 and she would hate a younger dog. I'm also lucky as my job involves dogs so sometimes I also have them to stay with me.

So sorry to hear about your Sophie, but am pleased that you now have little Phoebe, they are such good company aren't they.

I'm also collecting ashes!! I have my two cats in the house and will have Tessa's later on and then there will be Bonnie and Sasha the cat so will scatter them all together like you.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2012, 08:35 AM

Marian, if you have windows 7 you can set your desktop background to any photo that you want.

I have mine set up with photos of all the animals we have had plus the ones that we adopt and the desktop just rotates through them, hense the memories we have created with them are constantley going through my mind when I have the computer on.
Just a thought.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top