Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2015, 05:21 PM

Re: I'm halfway to being a fully fledged OAP!

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Thanks Jem.

Does Ireland have its own rules then on qualifying age?

I think all the EU countries have their own policy on this Jazzi, over here you get bugger all at 60, as a matter of fact one of my brothers is 64 and was made redundant from the job he had all his life and he wont get the pension until he's 67 now with the changes, they are hounding him to get work and he has made numerous applications and it's a complete waste of time, they can't even get jobs for the young chaps and who wants to employ a 64 year old machine operator when everything is computerised now.
It's all changed in the past year or so but when my wife reached 65 she got the pension, I had to wait until I was 66, that was the way it operated before the change.
One thing always puzzled me was( and I certainly don't begrudge the women anything) is when women are known to live longer why do they get their pension one complete year before the men do, did equal rights go out the door on that one?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top