Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2016, 09:56 PM

Re: Rapist found victims on Match.com

I think if I were in the market for someone new I would find dating sites far safer than going into clubs where alcohol is a factor and meeting people that way.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2016, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Jailed for life...whatever that means nowadays, 12 years?
On this particular case it means he must serve at least 12 and a half years before being eligible for parole.

That's not to say it will be granted..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2016, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I think if I were in the market for someone new I would find dating sites far safer than going into clubs where alcohol is a factor and meeting people that way.

Alcohol is not only a factor in a pub though, anyone could have a skinful before they leave home even.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2016, 06:13 PM

I got talked into trying Match.com to get new friends the other day.

I answered the questions as best I could but I was acutely aware that it was all leaning towards relationships that were beyond just friendship.

I declined from filling in a complete profile but I did put a recent photo then closed it down, thinking myself rather stupid.
Overnight I decided that it was just not the way to go at all so I decided to cancel it all.

When I got into work I found 9 emails from Match.com.
One said I had several responses and to continue with my application if I wanted more information.

I'd already realised that this is a bloody expensive way to find someone but when I clicked on one email there was a complete list of responses so far, with photos.

I couldn't believe it but 37 women had responded in just over 17 hours.

85% were in the UK but there were also three in France, two in Spain and one in Boston, Massachusetts.

These women seem to have responded purely on the basis of a sketchy profile and a photo and that amazes me because , really, anyone could actually put anything at all on the profile and use anyone's photo yet people will still respond.

Another thing that amazed me was the fact that all these women, aged 51 to 58, were what I would call attractive; some were real head-turners, so I wonder why these women can't find someone without putting themselves possibly at-risk on a dating site?

I've deleted my profile and quit Match.com and consigned that idea to the dustbin now! stevmk2
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2016, 06:18 PM

LOL Steve how do you know that the "attractive" ladies were exactly that...those photos couldve been trawled from anywhere.
Some couldve even been men posing as women...stranger things happen on internet....doesnt it make you suspicious that all the ladies are attractive ladies and not just what id call "normal" everyday women??
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2016, 06:21 PM

I still wonder if all those Russian girls who respond on dating sites really do have a daddy who owns oil and gas fields and would like to see their daughter meet a nice English Gentleman
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2016, 06:30 PM

Hahahaha OG I hope most men arnt so gullible nowadays..and it seems that there are lots of attractive business men or American servicemen wanting to woo us ladies too ...all too good to be true ? Then it probably is!
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2016, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
I still wonder if all those Russian girls who respond on dating sites really do have a daddy who owns oil and gas fields and would like to see their daughter meet a nice English Gentleman
You mean it isn't true?!! stevmk2
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2016, 11:15 AM

Steve, Most of the dating sites are under one umbrella, so you might be seeing the same people on free sites too.
Plenty Of Fish is a free site. You can specify the distance, age and if you want a relationship, dating or just a friend.
I have never ever had any trouble on a dating site, maybe that is because I am suspicious of everyone until proved otherwise. I never meet anyone until I have spoken to them a few times, via a landline or Skype. I'm not happy if they specify a mobile only. I only meet in a public place. I go in my own car and leave in my own car.
There is a lot of scaremongering by people who have never been on a dating site, they just read about a few incidents in the newspaper and they believe all the people on dating sites are bad.
Where are people in our age group meant to meet people? A nightclub, a pub, Bingo or a supermarket? No! so this is why dating sites are useful! The stigma of dating sites no longer exists and in my opinion are the way to go for people in our age group.
Why be lonely?
Deborah2307
Weymouth Dorset
Deborah2307 is female  Deborah2307 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2016, 11:21 AM

I have to say I met my late husband online and he was the most amazing man, I would never have met without the internet as he did not live locally. Quite often people join dating/friend sites as they dont know where else to meet single people of our age. As for rapist I work in a prison and we have several there, the majority of them wouldnt even have thought bout a dating site/ or even how to register on one.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top