Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 07:40 PM

Re: liquorice comfits

Oooh ooh!!
Swizzels lollipops

Although I had one when my children were young and they just didn't taste the same...not chalky until you were down to the last centimetre

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	images-1.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	4534  
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I love liquorice all sorts, once I start I can't stop eating them. I always peel the layers off the square ones and nibble off the outside of the coconut wheel one. Oh yes.. and I squeeze the liquorice log one to eat the bit in the middle first!

Just to let you know I don't do that in company!
I used do that too Mags
Newcomer
Dorset
Newcomer is female  Newcomer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 07:47 PM

Oh jelly babies. The soft ones with sugar on the outside, not bassets
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I used do that too Mags
I still do it Meg!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Yes me too Meg liquorice is my downfall, one allsorts is never enough.

Did you know that liquorice raises your blood pressure? Art told me that so I checked it out and it's true so I don't eat the whole bag anymore
summer, I have just seen this and l remember telling you that! Killjoy aren’t l?
It’s just that l also, love liquorice allsorts and l used to eat lots of them until l read it!
Perhaps, l should’ve kept quiet as they are always telling us that things are bad for us, then change their mind!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 08:24 PM

I used to love liquorice comfits, especially the red ones that l used for lipstick when l was a little kid!!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Another licorice fan but I resist the temptation to buy it these days.At one time I could have happily eat a box of licorice allsorts or comfits in one go .

I did buy a packet of Victory V lozenges the other day, I hadn't seen them around for years.
Gosh, that's a blast from the past Meg. I used to like those, but sometimes the taste reminded me of the smell of the anaesthetic you breathed in through the mask before an op
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 12:21 AM

I remember having to trail up to the shops on Sunday with my dad's pint pot and get it filled with Dolly Mixtures as a treat for us three kids. Had to get him a bag of Rowntrees `Misshapes` for half a crown and ten Park Drive while we were at it too. (In those days kids could buy cigs over the counter for parents). The greedy sod used to eat all the misshapes by himself.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I remember having to trail up to the shops on Sunday with my dad's pint pot and get it filled with Dolly Mixtures as a treat for us three kids. Had to get him a bag of Rowntrees `Misshapes` for half a crown and ten Park Drive while we were at it too. (In those days kids could buy cigs over the counter for parents). The greedy sod used to eat all the misshapes by himself.
I bet you treated yourself to a few of those dolly mixtures from the top of that pint pot on the way home though there has to be some reward for trailing to the shop
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I bet you treated yourself to a few of those dolly mixtures from the top of that pint pot on the way home though there has to be some reward for trailing to the shop
Not really.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top