Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 05:41 AM

Re: How Much Can A Person Take?

So sorry to read of your troubles.

I've been estranged from one sister and brother since my Dad's funeral in 1995.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 08:39 AM

Hi

Lindy, I can totally relate to you.

My daughter is completely estranged to me, 6 years now.

I have absolutely no idea why.

I still pay for a Mobile for her, in case she ever needs to contact me.

My only contact with her is through my Son, and I would never jeopardize that by asking him questions about her.

It is a strange life we lead as Parents, but all we can do is to let them know that we are there for them whenever they need us.

My Son dearly loves his Sister, but thinks she is a complete arse.

We have an agreement, I never ask and put him in an uncomfortable position.

If she does get in a mess, he knows dad will sort it.

That is all I can do.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 08:48 AM

A friend of mine got an email from his daughter out of the blue saying she doesn't want him in her life anymore.
As he is a supportive but not intrusive parent he is at a loss they have not had a row or anything.
Needless to say he is deeply upset .
His son says he has no idea what is up with his sister.
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 08:57 AM

Lindyloo, it takes two people to communicate.

You have written to your child with no response; you have visited and had the door closed in your face. Doesn't that tell you something?

There is an old saying that says, 'May I have the strength to change what can be changed, the humility to leave what can't be changed and the wisdom to know the difference'.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 09:24 AM

have not seen or heard from my kids or grand kids for 19 yrs,,,,,
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 09:59 AM

Lindy loo , how painful for you . I think if I was in your situation I would write on a regular basis a loving letter , you could put your feelings down and write from your heart in each one . What ever the outcome , whether she chooses to read them ignore them or reply , you will feel you have tried .

I have learnt in my life that I'm on the edge of my children's life's , it's painful but sadly a fact of life for some of us .

Best wishes to you ,
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 11:56 AM

Lindy loo have you got a Salvation Army near you ? They do a lot to contact and keep families together. They will talk to him and try to get you back together. They are fabulous and don't ask anything back. Might be worth a try.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 12:02 PM

Tbh, if it were me, I would give up after trying a couple of times and get on with my own life. We can't make anyone love us or want to be with us. It is sad when family relationships break down and we never think it is going to happen to us but we can't dwell on what might have been. Life is too short.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by longdogs ->
tbh, if it were me, i would give up after trying a couple of times and get on with my own life. We can't make anyone love us or want to be with us. It is sad when family relationships break down and we never think it is going to happen to us but we can't dwell on what might have been. Life is too short.
melfort
borders
melfort is female  melfort has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 12:09 PM

How sad Lindyloo. My heart goes out to you. Such a difficult situation and I know others in similar situations. Life is so short.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top