Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2014, 08:33 PM

Re: Bit worried about Molliepops

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well she seems to be looking better has stopped being sick and is asking for food, very tired though so we are letting her sleep as much as she wants. 7 small meals a day just a couple of spoons at a time but she is eating it from her bowl again so that's positive.

Betty is looking after her keeps cuddling up to her and licking her face so gently so we have to get her through this or Betty will be devastated !
Isn't it amazing how sensitive our pooches can be Hope Mollie continues to perk up.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2014, 11:13 AM

She is looking better still this morning, we are going to weigh her at the weekend because looks like she is gaining a little back. Eating her mushy food quite happily and actually tried to have a little play with Betty before deciding a sleep would be better LOL
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2014, 01:35 PM

All good signs Julie, I'm really pleased for you both and hope her good progress continues....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2014, 12:30 PM

Had some very bad news today, Mollie's latest test results came back and she has cancer at a cellular level, likely around many of her organs. She has lost more weight but seems happy in herself having 5 liquidised meals a day. She will be on liquid meals now for rest of her life and we have to keep her warm and rested, and really just keep her comfortable.

Prognosis is not good even if we opted for surgery there is no cure all they can do is say exactly where the tumours are so we have opted for no radical treatments as at her age nearly 13 and with no cure available it seems unfair to put her through a surgery if it won't actually cure her.

Possibly 2 months he says but if she becomes distressed or looses too much more weight it could be sooner.

Very very sad time for us now as she has been light of our lives and acted as an assistance dog to me on many occasions, even learned to help me make a bed when she knew I was struggling !

Not sure what we will do without her ....
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2014, 10:34 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this Julie but glad she is still happy in herself. It's so hard to accept that she will not be with you much longer, but she knows you love her and will do your best for her. I hope she stays comfortable for the remainder of her life.
xx
gellygoo
west yorkshire
gellygoo is female 

11-03-2014, 10:38 PM

Oh Julie, I am so very sorry to read your post. Take all the love and cuddles you can, Mollie will enjoy that as much as you. She doesn't know what's around the corner for her,so will not be upset as you are. I do know what you are going through.......try not to think about it until it's upon you and try to carry on as normal. Mollie has been the light of your life for a long time, she knows she is loved and cherished, I hope you can take some comfort from that. My thoughts are with you.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2014, 10:46 PM

Julie, I am so very sorry at your sad news, I am sure many of us will have a fair idea of how you are feeling. At least she didn't have to stay at the vets and you were able to bring her home again with you, to spoil and cherish her as long as you can. I agree with the other posts, she knows she is loved. x
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

12-03-2014, 06:18 PM

Went for a lovely but short walk this afternoon with her, she is still very happy and met lots of dogs and said hello to loads of people. Quite enjoyed her little jaunt. Think the key will be to listen to what she wants now and just do little walks while she is comfortable to do them.

She is still eating sadly has to all be pureed but her liquid chicken and rice went down very nicely and she is now snoozing loudly behind the sofa.

Weather really cheered her up I think a bit of sun was what she needed after all the mud of the winter.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2014, 06:23 PM

Hello Julie - our thoughts are with you, Mollie and all that love her xx
muffin
Surrey, UK
muffin is female  muffin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2014, 08:21 PM

Sorry to hear about Mollie, it is never easy to hear such sad news
cherish every moment with her,i know how you are feeling,
i will be thinking of you both,

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top