Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2016, 07:10 PM

Re: Changing Babies Nappy

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I have no problem with people breastfeeding in public, but changing nappies in a dining area is a health hazard and it isn't necessary when suitable places to do it are provided.
I'm glad you are as understanding about breastfeeding in public, like other posters.

My experience was not quite so, I got slapped.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2016, 07:17 PM

Yes, l am all for breastfeeding, l breastfed three of my five children but do l want to view it in my line of vision and hear slurping whilst out on a romantic dinner date? No Thank You!
This happened to me once and l complained to the restaurant owners. We were given a free fillet steak meal and wine for our inconvenience!!

Purwell, l therefore suggest you complain to the restaurant owners too!!
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2016, 10:35 AM

Complain that is the trouble people do not complain enough. Why i don't know probably do not want to cause any upsets well tough do so otherwise these sort of idiots will carry on doing this sort of thing. Just imagine sitting there eating and someone changes a s****y nappy the smell must be awful.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2016, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
that would have put me off my meal or ever going there again , Some people have disgusting habits .
Same here Eliza ...thats just gross and disgusting...the pub staff should definately have had a few words with the man.
I wouldve complained about that .
It seems that some people think they can behave in any manner they choose wether it be disgusting or just plain inconsiderate to others they have not a care in the world....you just know if you should ever remark about anything to them you would end up with a gobful of abuse from them !
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2016, 10:43 AM

As I said, this lot reminded me of the "Dingles" and I was not about to complain to anybody without back up. There was not many left in the pub by this time.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2016, 10:47 AM

I can picture them now Purwell
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2016, 11:08 AM

Breast feeding is not allowed in the swimming pool I go to,breast stroking is OK.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2016, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Eww that's nasty, didn't the staff say anything ? I would imagine it was against health and safety rules ! I hope it would be !

I agree. I certainly would not want to eat my dinner off a baby changing pad, which is what that amounts to. What did he do with the soiled nappy, leave it on the seat?
No sense of food hygiene whatsoever.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2016, 12:36 PM

Hi

Some very reasonable and responsible posts here in my view.

There is no way either myself or the mother of my kids would ever dream of changing a nappy in Public.

Breastfeeding is natural, that is what breasts are for.

My Ex breastfed both our two, on demand.

It was always done sensitively, away in a quiet corner and not on full public view.

We always found any restaurant we were in to be very understanding and happy to provide a quiet secluded place.

It was never a problem for what is the most natural of things.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2016, 02:27 PM

To me, it is not so much the fact that the baby was changed in public, it more the fact that it was done on a dinner table where food was going to be eaten. What if some of the nappy contents had 'escaped.'
If no one told the staff, they would not have known to disinfect the table before the next unfortunate soul sat down to his dinner a few minutes later.
If the man wanted to risk E.Coli himself, it is his choice, but you cannot risk public health like that, it was both selfish and irresponsible IMO.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top