Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 07:27 AM

Re: Barbecues

I love BBQd meat. Bought my own small bbq container from Sainsburys a few years ago, but I've not got round to even unwrapping it! Pfffffttt!!

Sometimes we do them over the allotment at a Social, if those who own the BBQ can be bothered. And one owner is even a vegetarian, but will buy the 'dead animals' as she keeps describing meat.

You can keep the salads. I'll have the burgers, sausages, and chicken pieces. Thank you. Bon appetit.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 07:57 AM

At this time of year they're the bain of my life!!! Being asthmatic, the smoke from the BBQ causes me to cough and wheeze (if there's a lot of smoke I develop a full blown asthma attack and end up either on a nebulizer here at home with the paramedics in attendance or having Oxygen therapy on a hospital trolley.

The back gardens along this street back onto the back gardens of the next street, so we tend to get a double dose of idiots who either cannot light a BBQ without filling the air with huge amounts of smoke or can't cook at all or both!!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 08:17 AM

That's terrible UJ, never thought of the consequences before but will from now on.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 08:24 AM

I enjoy BBQs when and if theyre done properly ..I love the potato and coleslaw salads ,not so keen on meat with bones in done on the BBQ though..I prefer burgers and sausages when I do one at home which is rarely
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 08:39 AM

Is it a law in some areas that you are not allowed to burn rubbish outdoors?
But you can still have BBQs that produce loads of smoke as the fat from the meat drips onto the charcoal.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
At this time of year they're the bain of my life!!! Being asthmatic, the smoke from the BBQ causes me to cough and wheeze (if there's a lot of smoke I develop a full blown asthma attack and end up either on a nebulizer here at home with the paramedics in attendance or having Oxygen therapy on a hospital trolley.

The back gardens along this street back onto the back gardens of the next street, so we tend to get a double dose of idiots who either cannot light a BBQ without filling the air with huge amounts of smoke or can't cook at all or both!!!
Probably the Tories in your street.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 09:24 AM

We never go to "organised" BBQs" but we do go to friends, simply because they are friends. However during the very dry summer months there are few BBQs, they are banned in many areas because one stray spark can destroy an awful lot of campo. Many people have mini ovens and electric grills outside which solves the problem. Personally I dislike barbequed food and I hate the taste of this very popular barbeque sauce. If we have people round for an "event" I cook all meats inside and then take it outside.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
Is it a law in some areas that you are not allowed to burn rubbish outdoors?
But you can still have BBQs that produce loads of smoke as the fat from the meat drips onto the charcoal.
That is odd we live in a zone where only smokeless fuels are allowed to be used and bonfires are banned, but yes barbecues seem to be prolific
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 10:23 AM

Being a veggie/pescatarian type person I find communal barbecues quite a let down. I usually end up with a still frozen in the middle, cheap soggy vegeburger which also usually contains far too much of that poor excuse of a food, sweetcorn, bleurghhh!
On the rare occasions I do them at home I usually have marinated skewered veg and fish on warmed pittas
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Being a veggie/pescatarian type person I find communal barbecues quite a let down. I usually end up with a still frozen in the middle, cheap soggy vegeburger which also usually contains far too much of that poor excuse of a food, sweetcorn, bleurghhh!
On the rare occasions I do them at home I usually have marinated skewered veg and fish on warmed pittas
On the rare occasion that I do my own barbeque, I always make sure I cook a good vegetarian option for Mrs Longdogs. Marinated Quorn fillets, diced and served on skewers with roasted vegetables is a favourite.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top