Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2016, 09:50 AM

Re: Just a few minutes ago

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
A squaddie I once knew said, in a conflict close to home, the contents of a Barometer/Thermometer were used to lace a sausage, given to trained dogs, I only have his word for this.
Positioning a small lead weight inside of the dogs ear will cause the dog to become disorientated and fall over, this procedure is best performed using a revolver!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2016, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Iīm sorry Jazzi, it couldnīt be less graphic, I wish it could, but it happened, it was horrible and it upset me very much.

Yes, I can understand that clumsy. It would me, too.
I have no idea of the situation where you are, regarding cruelty to animals. Have you not something equivalent to the RSPCA you could report it too?
Are shock collars legal there? Is there not a 'Dangerous Dogs' law there? There must be something you can do?
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2016, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, I can understand that clumsy. It would me, too.
I have no idea of the situation where you are, regarding cruelty to animals. Have you not something equivalent to the RSPCA you could report it too?
Are shock collars legal there? Is there not a 'Dangerous Dogs' law there? There must be something you can do?
These days laws regarding cruelty to animals are very strict, but as always it's following these things up that is a problem.
I very much doubt that shock collars are legal, but, as always, unless people are actually caught in the act of using them, not much can be done, they can soon be hidden out of sight or destroyed.

The dangerous dogs law is, I think, stricter here than UK. All dogs that come under this Act must be registered with the authorities, the owner must take a psychological test to prove he, or she, is fit to handle whatever dog. The dog must be muzzed at all times when out of it's own property, it can only be walked by one person, who must be the owner. Of course these laws are impossible to monitor fully.

The police do not have the right, or the power, to simply enter someone's property, everything must be done correctly.
I don't think there are laws in any country whereby a dog killing a cat straying onto the property where a dog is kept
is a punishable offence.

If the dog harms or kills anyone, or any other domestic pet, whilst off it's own property,or if the dog kills or harms a person on it's property, then it is a very different matter indeed. Unfortunately and sad but true, a cat killed by straying onto property where dogs are isn't an offence as such and legally there is nothing to be done.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2016, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->

If the dog harms or kills anyone, or any other domestic pet, whilst off it's own property,or if the dog kills or harms a person on it's property, then it is a very different matter indeed. Unfortunately and sad but true, a cat killed by straying onto property where dogs are isn't an offence as such and legally there is nothing to be done.
Yes there is: REVENGE!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2016, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes there is: REVENGE!

You can't do that JBR, much as you might want to.
You can't just go round killing dogs that are not yours, because they killed a cat that wasn't yours either!

It would also do nothing to stop the idiot bloke from getting 2 more and starting again.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2016, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
You can't do that JBR, much as you might want to.
You can't just go round killing dogs that are not yours, because they killed a cat that wasn't yours either!

It would also do nothing to stop the idiot bloke from getting 2 more and starting again.
No, you misunderstand. I mean the owner, not the dogs!
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2016, 07:51 PM

I think the law says dogs must not be a nuisance, if they bark at or go for someone even on their own property the owner can be in trouble, cant you have a word with the RSPCA about these dogs hurting the cats ?
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2016, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
I think the law says dogs must not be a nuisance, if they bark at or go for someone even on their own property the owner can be in trouble, cant you have a word with the RSPCA about these dogs hurting the cats ?
Iīm not in the UK deylon and to be honest, the dogs rarely bark, I think they prefer to creep up silently on whatever, or whoever they want to get at.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top