Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2020, 10:54 PM

Re: A Horrible Experience

My first reaction to your story LQ was that this individual has a mental illness. Almost text book paranoia accompanied by a grandiose sense of entitlement. But who cares?..You still shouldn't be verbally bludgeoned like that. Things like this are hugely confronting and scary and the feelings of violation and fear can last a while. Especially when they happen in places where you least expect them and normally feel safe. You can have unwelcome flashbacks and start to feel a lot of anger as well It's all normal but it still doesn't make it OK what he did. There are maniacs all over the place but it made me angry that nobody helped you. In any event stay safe and talk to us any time. We're here for you! And may your next box of chips be the best ever!.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2020, 08:20 AM

I very much doubt if there was any mental illness involved.

There's a lot of really nasty people around that I suspect most of you guys never encounter.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2020, 08:23 AM

What an awful experience LQ I'm not sure how I would have handled it.... horrible man!! Hope karma steps in for him.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2020, 09:51 AM

I hope you’re feeling more relaxed today LQ, it’s surprising how instances like this can shake a person up.

Just look back on him being a very rude and ignorant man with no manners.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2020, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I very much doubt if there was any mental illness involved.

There's a lot of really nasty people around that I suspect most of you guys never encounter.
I have always thought there are two types of mentally ill, those that are genuinely mentally ill and those that are just nut jobs.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2020, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
See it from his side.

He's an asshole and doesn't know any better.
Yep
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2020, 03:34 PM

I am not a violent person...but for a man to speak to you like that...is humiliating..and degrading....

It would have taken me all of my strength not to have kicked him where it hurt....I know I am told to turn the other cheek...but in this instance,I don't believe I could have...

I feel hurt for you,because it has happened to me in the past..and I know how it made you feel.

You know,that you don't have the problem......he has it ......
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2020, 03:42 PM

I hope you're feeling better today LQ.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2020, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I am not a violent person...but for a man to speak to you like that...is humiliating..and degrading....
It does make one wonder whether he'd have done the same to a fella. If he's crazy, then maybe. If not, then he's a coward.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top