Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 08:34 PM

Re: Beachcombing does anyone do it on here?

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
At every opportunity Sue. Spurn Head is a brilliant place for beachcombing, especially after a high tide. I like to walk from Hornsea to Mappleton along the beach and have found some interesting rocks and sea glass along that stretch of beach, and the old Post Office that has turned into a Tea Room in Mappleton provides refreshment after a hard days scouring...

Just one of the unusual items discovered on the beach....

We called in at Mappleton on the way back from Withernsea, but didn't stop at the Cafe this time, it was the loo instead
But the best place for finding 1960's bottles and odds and ends is the old Withernsea tip that is a landslip onto the northern end of the beach. We found a lot of old bottles and jars.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Kev60 ->
I was a beachcomber in Australia for years. I also had a salvage licence so any boats or containers that were washed up on the beach I could claim salvage rights. I made quite a bit of money out of it.
Wow! The only thing we see is people with metal detector's, i think we will have to invest in one
oldfool
london
oldfool is male  oldfool has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 11:24 PM

sue - if you find anything worth a million I will go halfs with you on detector and we split the million.

do we have a deal ? don't tell sweetie ?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 05:25 AM

I love beach combing - especially on summer nights when there is no one else around.

Runswick Bay - great for fossils and semi precious gem stones such as agate, jet etc.,

Carnelian Bay - great for ... well, Carnelians. Came back with lots to polish last time I was there. Not so easy to climb down to, and you have to watch-out for the tide - it comes in very quickly.

Robin Hood's Bay and Skegness - both good for sea glass and pretty shells.

Filey - good for shells and pretty stones. I once found a mussel shell with some pearls growing in it and a piece of flint that was shaped like a dolphin.

Sea glass can be made into really pretty jewellery.
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by oldfool ->
sue - if you find anything worth a million I will go halfs with you on detector and we split the million.

do we have a deal ? don't tell sweetie ?
I have a metal detector and I'm keeping a close eye on you two.

Maybe I can cut a deal with Sweetie.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Kev60 ->
I have a metal detector and I'm keeping a close eye on you two.

Maybe I can cut a deal with Sweetie.
Can I join the metal detector club as I have had one for years, and it has paid for itself many times over.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 10:03 AM

Not find too much beachcombing here in Brighton except empty used needles.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
Oh Bruce you have some of the finest beaches in Australia, get down you never know what you might find
Yes they stretch for miles fortunately the local council has these ruddy great machines that clean acres of beach in no time at all. Personally I dislike sand, it gets everywhere - I always try to travel away from the coast and the common crowd .

tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 03:44 PM

We have enough of our own junk without wanting stuff washed up on beach.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top