Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2017, 07:50 PM

Re: Nhs cyber attack!

Originally Posted by matchpoint ->
I'd assume that there are others too....
this seems on a blanket scale and computer networks are very big.

possibly a good idea to switch off computers for the rest of the day until more is known..

hackers will be up all weekend snooping on the computers... which are not turned off.
Hope they hack my bank account....they'll probably feel sorry for me and put some money IN
Barry64
New Member!
Wales UK
Barry64 is male 

12-05-2017, 07:53 PM

I think the vermin that carried out this disgusting attack ought to traced and eradicated just like the vermin they are!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2017, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by matchpoint ->
A member of staff will be employed to keep the BACKUPs up-to-date. its likely they won't have a IT security expert on site.

In the worst case they need to roll-back to their last backup ... likely last night.
Then they can bring the systems online again.
My nephew used to work for one of the information management firms and large parts of the NHS were clients. So most hospitals should have data backed up securely off site and out of harm's way. This sort of attack might mess up that day's work but whenever I've been in a hospital they still keep paper notes in a file on the bed and paper files in cabinets or archives. I'm sure they have emergency measures they put in place for such an event.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2017, 07:54 PM

It was only last week that l picked up forms at my doctor's surgery to apply to make appointments and to access my medical record online.
I did feel a bit unsure about applying after l saw some of the questions re security of the information that l may view and download.
It didn't sound very safe, so l didn't bother to apply.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2017, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Along the same lines, I would have thought that the NHS would have kept its records on secure servers as well, although I suppose they could also be interfered with.
My nephew said the only way to access the secure servers is if you have a fire or explosion on the site. I think this happened a few years ago.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

12-05-2017, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
It was only last week that l picked up forms at my doctor's surgery to apply to make appointments and to access my medical record online.
I did feel a bit unsure about applying after l saw some of the questions re security of the information that l may view and download.
It didn't sound very safe, so l didn't bother to apply.
I use my GP online system all the time. It's really handy for making appointments and viewing the results of tests. They don't seem to keep anything very personal on it. I opted out of sharing my medical data with other organisations but I'm always aware of the risk of not sharing as if you go to hospital unconscious it can help the paramedics etc.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2017, 08:16 PM

The hacking tool was leaked by a group calling itself the Shadow Brokers, which has been dumping stolen N.S.A. hacking tools online beginning last year. Microsoft rolled out a patch for the vulnerability last March, but hackers took advantage of the fact that vulnerable targets — particularly hospitals — had yet to update their systems.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/12/w...=top-news&_r=1
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2017, 08:26 PM

My prescription went missing, I ordered it last week but when I webt pick it up at the pharmacy tgey didnt have it.I hace re ordered on line as usual & a message says its been acceppted for pick up from the surgery
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2017, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
My prescription went missing, I ordered it last week but when I webt pick it up at the pharmacy tgey didnt have it.I hace re ordered on line as usual & a message says its been acceppted for pick up from the surgery
I think your keyboard has been hacked!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2017, 09:05 PM

On Euronews they've said it was a general attack on our NHS and some companies in Europe too.

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top