Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 07:06 AM

Re: Insect Bites

I was told recently that toothpaste works. I was plagued with bites and forgot that piece of advice so haven't tried it, but it might be worth a try,
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 10:39 AM

Eurax is good. Also Waspeze.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 11:59 AM

Red Ant bites are just a little painful nip, generally no red marks, no real itching or lasting effects.
You would know if they were ants because you would have seen them.
If I were you I would check my animals for fleas, that would seem to be the most likely cause if they are all over your body..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Oh 'ec .... sounds a nightmare Mups. On the rare occasion I've been bitten by something, I've used Sudocrem.

Slightly off topic, I got sunburnt on my arm and it itched and was raw so I mixed some porridge with water and dabbed it on. Left it for a bit and gently rinsed it off. Quite relieving.

I wonder if that might help?

Otherwise I can't come up with anything. Hope it eases or you'll not be sleeping much
Hi Pesta ~ I read that somewhere, so it really does work does it? I might give that a try.
Have just bought some antihistamine cream as well.
I didn't sleep well at all, and now I seem to have 2 more which came up last night, which now makes 10!! I am rapidly going nuts here. . .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Mups the hydrocortisone cream reduces the inflammation, so consequently the itch and the bites should be fading within a couple of days.
View them regularly because, if you get a blistery rash, it could have turned into cellulitis and that needs rapid anti biotic treatment. It is usually caused by insect bites and stings, but if it isn't treated quickly, you can end up in hospital on intravenous anti biotics.
I am sure you will be alright, but keep your eye on them and, as Morty said,Stop scratching!

Goodness Twink, you've frightened the life out of me.
If I did get a blistery rash though, did you mean it appears around the bite itself?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

19-09-2016, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Red Ant bites are just a little painful nip, generally no red marks, no real itching or lasting effects.
You would know if they were ants because you would have seen them.
If I were you I would check my animals for fleas, that would seem to be the most likely cause if they are all over your body..

Two things come to mind here Macolm.

One is I have checked my dogs from head to toe and they are clean as a whistle.

Two is, this happened when I was in the garden and I very much doubt dog fleas would be lurking about in the shrubs and rose bushes.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

19-09-2016, 12:26 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions and trying to help everyone, much appreciated. Still suffering today though . .
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 12:36 PM

Vinegar (100%).
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 12:39 PM

Hi

Mups, maybe you would enjoy enjoy getting the tree man round to apply all these cures for you?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

19-09-2016, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Mups, maybe you would enjoy enjoy getting the tree man round to apply all these cures for you?

Now you're talking, Swimmy. If it didn't work, I'm sure it would cheer me up anyway.

BTW, I checked your Tiger Balm idea, but it seems it is mainly for headaches and muscles pain, neither of which I have, but thank you for trying to help anyway.
There is also a Red or White Tiger Balm, do you happen to know what the difference is please?

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top