Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2015, 09:43 PM

Re: 'Elbow'

Down at the running club I used to run with a bloke whose nick name was 'elbows' to the uninitiated it would be a painful learning curve.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2015, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Down at the running club I used to run with a bloke whose nick name was 'elbows' to the uninitiated it would be a painful learning curve.
I know absolutely nothing about running Robert, but I would imagine a lot of elbowing goes on in competitive running, would I be near the mark in your long experience?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2015, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I know absolutely nothing about running Robert, but I would imagine a lot of elbowing goes on in competitive running, would I be near the mark in your long experience?
Jem, you wouldn't believe the antics of a normally friendly runner in his quest to shuffle his way through the pack. Some of them turn into headless chickens with a glazed expression, quite oblivious to the pain they have just inflicted on; what used to be their best mate.

It can be seen mainly on the track, but I have caught site of a flashing elbow even on a Marathon, and while you are trying to avoid the backward thrust of this most dangerous limb, a careless stride from the runner behind catches your heel and ejects your running shoe. Bending down to re position the shoe, with very short running shorts on, is not recommended at the start of a marathon: New friends can be gained this way.......Or Not.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2015, 03:02 PM

Very interesting, useful tip at the end, Thanks Robert.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2015, 03:47 PM

yes true i think we all experience it at some time patsy ...and done it ourselfs to others .....

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top