Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 12:14 AM

Re: Go Anywhere

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
It does give you an idea of the places though.
Except if I go to the house my late Mother lived in, it still has the swan planters she had at the front door & the metal gates & that house has changed hands twice since we sold it now.
Oh, that's so sweet. I hope you took a screen shot!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

Google picked 'Bin day' when they photographed our road. Very nice it looks too.
I got caught on Google street view last month coming out of a shop. Look a right idiot pulling off my mask mid way, then it goes round the corner and I'm still there gawking away, going "is that a Google car??"
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Oh, that's so sweet. I hope you took a screen shot!
I don't know how to take a screen shot.
My Mother passed away 17 years ago now, but it is a small village so I guess the Google Earth people aren't bothered about updating it.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 12:18 AM

It does give you an idea of the places though.
Except if I go to the house my late Mother lived in, it still has the swan planters she had at the front door & the metal gates & that house has changed hands twice since we sold it now.
Aww thats lovely, Tiffany.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

Google picked 'Bin day' when they photographed our road. Very nice it looks too.
The photo of my parents' place was taken under a scorching August sun after months of drought when it was illegal to water the lawn. The place looks like a haunted house for all the dead grass and wilting plants.

Needless to say, we dare not mention Google Earth unless as the faintest of whispers in her presence.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

09-02-2021, 12:20 AM

I don't know how to take a screen shot.
My Mother passed away 17 years ago now, but it is a small village so I guess the Google Earth people aren't bothered about updating it.
What kind of computer do you have, Tiff? I bet one of us can walk you through the steps.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
What kind of computer do you have, Tiff? I bet one of us can walk you through the steps.
Home PC with Windows 7.

I checked again & it still has the swan planters there.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

09-02-2021, 12:34 AM

Tiffany. There are two steps:

1. Taking a screenshot using the print screen button on your computer (probably near the upper left of your keyboard).

2. Pasting that image so you can save it.

This is the best video I could find. You might want to watch it a couple of times before trying it.

Good luck!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

09-02-2021, 12:40 AM

Thanks, Surfermom. I'll try that tomorrow, tiz bedtime now for me.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Astral travel!
That's not an option if a person is Zillsaphobic.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top