Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2013, 11:15 AM

Re: old fashioned perfume

Originally Posted by lavander ->
yes coty laiment...the little black bottle of cream perfume.....you can still get that one....i have some left that i bought about 5 years ago...
I'd forgotten most of the things mentioned on here and that my mum used to have little jars of cream perfume. And her squeezy bottle of hair laquer (used to leave big blobs of laquer in some places I seem to recall!)
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2013, 01:05 PM

those little jars of cream perfume were probably from Avon....i had loads of them...but they stopped making the old ones....sad
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2013, 01:10 PM

i had forgotten about Bel air hair spray Molli ....we used to put bath cubes in the water to get the stuff out of our hair....it certainly didn't wash out....and what about bath cubes???do you remember them
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2013, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I remember Brute. Does that count . Luvly pong off that stuff. Still like the smell of it now. I think you can still buy it though - not sure.
And do you remember English Leather? That was a big one for guys back in the 60's here.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2013, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
I can remember evening in Paris from the war, when my mother used to wear it.
Yes.. I remember this one.

OMG.... I just thought of the biggest one from here..

MUSK by Jovan. It was rumored back when I was a teen that if you wore this boys wouldn't be able to control their passions.. LOL!!! I wasn't sure I wanted to wear it... but I did. It didn't deliver..
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2013, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
And do you remember English Leather? That was a big one for guys back in the 60's here.
That doesn't ring a bell, sorry. The only other one I remember was Old Spice .
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2013, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
Yes.. I remember this one.

OMG.... I just thought of the biggest one from here..

MUSK by Jovan. It was rumored back when I was a teen that if you wore this boys wouldn't be able to control their passions.. LOL!!! I wasn't sure I wanted to wear it... but I did. It didn't deliver..
Lol. I had a bottle of that - men's version, but that wasn't so long ago come to think of it . Well if you count 15-20 odd years not long ago that is.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2013, 01:49 PM

As child I always liked the smell of Pears soap and Imperial Leather both still available .

My memories of old perfumes are not pleasant. Because many people received often cheap perfume as a gift at christmas or birthdays it was often little used and kept in the light on the dressing table where it deteriorated , smelt nasty and was still used .

My stepmother wore a heavy perfume and the thought of it still makes me feel sick.

I find today's lighter perfumes are much better and as we now tend to use our perfumes regularly they don't have the chance to go off
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2013, 01:56 PM

Imperial Leather was created from a scent originating in Russia back in the 1700s.
It is made by Cussons & is still available.

Brut is made by Unilever at Port Sunlight in the Wirral, & is also still available.
Old Spice was more popular & it's adverts featured rolling waves to the background strains of O Fortuna from Carmina Burana by Carl Orff
AudreyII
USA

14-08-2013, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
That doesn't ring a bell, sorry. The only other one I remember was Old Spice .
Must have been only worn over here.. English and anything related to it was extremely popular here in the 60's... Ie.. the British Invasion of the Beatles, The Stones and all the others..

My hubby wears Old Spice. I like it.. But sadly the youngsters refer to it as the old man's cologne.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top