Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 06:22 PM

Re: childhood memory

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I can remember excitedly collecting conkers when they fell from the tree after a windy spell.

Also I would throw up sticks into the tree hoping to snag some down.
I still collect conkers now. Someone said if you put them around your house it will get rid of spiders, well the conkers are still there, but so are the spiders.
Newcomer
Dorset
Newcomer is female  Newcomer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 09:23 PM

My friend and I tried to race snail's. Her dad was in the building trade so there were always bricks laying around her garden. We lined them up and went snail hunting, then guess what happened, the snails wouldn't go along the run we made, they climes over the sides.
We went back to building sandcastles in the dirt. They weren't a family that did any gardening.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Newcomer ->
My friend and I tried to race snail's. Her dad was in the building trade so there were always bricks laying around her garden. We lined them up and went snail hunting, then guess what happened, the snails wouldn't go along the run we made, they climes over the sides.
We went back to building sandcastles in the dirt. They weren't a family that did any gardening.
Lol

Reminds me when the kids were little and the garden was full of snails

We would all pick a snail, paint the shell in nail varnish colour of choice and race them from ever increasing circles

When done we would launch them next door and see who's was the first to return
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I still collect conkers now. Someone said if you put them around your house it will get rid of spiders, well the conkers are still there, but so are the spiders.
My conkers from last year are still on the floor and on the window ledge. I thought they would've shrunk by now. I'm sure they don't stop the spiders, but I can't throw them out - just in case
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
My conkers from last year are still on the floor and on the window ledge. I thought they would've shrunk by now. I'm sure they don't stop the spiders, but I can't throw them out - just in case
Me too, just in case.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2017, 01:12 PM

I remember just after the war,easter and Christmas being taken to the poultry market,and chickens would be auctioned off,the old fellar would be putting his hand in the cages,feeling the chickens breasts,then bidding on a chicken,when he won a chicken,it was pulled out of the cage and its neck stretched,and I would proudly carry it home lol,,
you would never think that chicken was a luxery once.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top