Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 10:42 AM

Re: Washing Machine Suggestions

We had a Maytag in our older house but here we have an Amana which is quite good. I’ve got no complaints whatsoever.
Good luck with your decision. I loved how you explained your initial reaction.
‘Oh!’
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
We had a Zanussi, just replaced it before it actually broke down, don't think the replacement will go the same distance, it has too many flashing lights for a start.
Sounds like our new car....annoying thing is it turns it self off when you have just pulled up briefly. We know the switch to press to cancel this, but it is disobedient and will rearm itself..
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 01:42 PM

We usually buy John Lewis own brand washing machines. Been lucky so far.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 02:18 PM

My advice is don't touch AEG.
They pretend to be German but I believe are made in Italy.

We had a new kitchen fitted a couple of years ago and all the machines were AEG. None of them are very good and some, especially the dishwasher, are rubbish.

The only appliance which works well and reliably is our washing machine which is John Lewis.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
We usually buy John Lewis own brand washing machines. Been lucky so far.
We do not have a branch here in France. We are not able to 'Generally ' buy anything from the UK at this time. Our third party deliveries of Cheddar Marmite English Sausages etc...items that are expensive here in other words. A long established business with its own transportation..closed down because it could no longer be viable with all the new rules in place... For us it is just more costly, no big deal, but for some business's it has been the final straw....
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 02:25 PM

Are not a lot of washing machines made in Italy anyway, even on the same production line with a different name attached?
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 02:32 PM

Here's how to dismantle the old one anyway..

The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Are not a lot of washing machines made in Italy anyway, even on the same production line with a different name attached?
Absolutely but in the case of JL they undertake a pretty good quality check on anything they put their name on.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
If they come under the Candy brand names like Candy, Hoover, Zanussi, Ariston and Indecit, Candy IS registered in Italy BUT all their machines are made in China at Candy's parent company's factory. Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candy_(company)
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
My advice is don't touch AEG.
They pretend to be German but I believe are made in Italy.

We had a new kitchen fitted a couple of years ago and all the machines were AEG. None of them are very good and some, especially the dishwasher, are rubbish.

The only appliance which works well and reliably is our washing machine which is John Lewis.
JBR, Yet l swear by AEG.

My first AEG Lavamat automatic washing machine was bought for me by my mother when l had two babies very quickly and had so many nappies to wash.
It was a reconditioned model and manufactured in Germany then. It lasted 17 years.

My current AEG Lavamat washing machine, probably not manufactured in Germany is now 15 years old and has never gone wrong. It is only recently that the spinner has got noisy.

I was once told that John Lewis washing machines were manufactured by Electrolux/AEG and this confirms it.....

TOP TEN 10 MOST RELIABLE WASHING MACHINES - JOHN LEWIS WASHING MACHINES. John Lewis washing machines are actually built by the Electrolux Group. They are high quality machines - built in the same factories as Electrolux, AEG and Zanussi.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top