Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2015, 10:33 PM

Re: Old fashioned values or sexism?

Women are tough old boots where I live. THEY would probably do the things you mention for me rather than the other way around. It is a strange world we live in and values are altering all the time. Spooky.
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 04:43 AM

It's funny, I work in a big box hardware store and come upon this all the time. I get steamed when able bodied young men will see you struggling with a tall ladder or some heavy object and not even think to help. The gentlemen and ladies who most often come to the rescue are around my age or older. Bless them all, even if they look too fragile to move they'll offer to help. I give the lot guys heck...you better us by a hundred pounds...you're getting that grill on that car.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 08:21 AM

Boot on the other foot time, what old fashioned values do you girls do for us blokes.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Women are tough old boots where I live. THEY would probably do the things you mention for me rather than the other way around. It is a strange world we live in and values are altering all the time. Spooky.
I can well imagine the type - shudders
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 08:30 AM

We keep you in your place! Just joking! I'd like to think we treat you with the respect you deserve.
Gaz55
UK
Gaz55 is male  Gaz55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2015, 12:59 PM

That's all any of can hope for,TessA,respect for each other! Long may it continue!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2015, 01:12 PM

I hold doors open for everyone,I have been known to pull out a chair-I do not stand when a lady enters-I have never met the Queen.

I did feel old some months ago when I caught an early morning bus full of students,no seats-this young lady offered me hers. There is hope for the youth of today.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2015, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Apricot, there will probably be a Steampunk group near you, look on fb. Lots of over fifties there!
Thanksfor that Tessa.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2015, 09:15 PM

It's nice to have good manners, they cost nothing and they show you have respect for others. I'm glad to say my two teenage grandsons have good manners and always thank and compliment Phyllis on the meals she gives them, long live good manners I say.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
It's nice to have good manners, they cost nothing and they show you have respect for others. I'm glad to say my two teenage grandsons have good manners and always thank and compliment Phyllis on the meals she gives them, long live good manners I say.
Smashing

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top