Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2014, 03:09 PM

Re: appointment

Originally Posted by ukmartian ->
Hi Julie ..I understand where you are coming from but unfortunately there is no case here I just cannot go across the county even if i could ....I would not be allowed to drive...I think the principle is now you are expected to be ill to order...Its like phoning the doctors to make a appointment as you are Ill and being told to come in in 3 days ....you have 2 outcomes ...either you are better or dead ...either way you dont go ....that is what they wont ...lol

You're lucky UKM, it'd be more like 3 weeks here!
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2014, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
You're lucky UKM, it'd be more like 3 weeks here!
Our doctors have a phone in on the day procedure , you have 2 hurdles to cross to get 'in' first you have to be lucky enough to have your call answered , my daughter tried from 8 am and finally got answered at 8:30 she was then told that they were fully booked and to phone back the next day ...it was 3 days before she got an appointment and that was not with her doctor ....I tried to prebook a diabetic appointment with my doctor and was told that between holidays , days off and meetings i would have to wait nearly 4 weeks.....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2014, 03:46 PM

LOL I actually arrived for my diabetic check and was told the nurse had been off 2 weeks so no idea when I could see someone. Still waiting 4 weeks later.....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2014, 04:43 PM

Steve - if I remember right, you have 'dry eyes'. Why not just go to a pharmacy and get the correct eye drops for that condition.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2014, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Steve - if I remember right, you have 'dry eyes'. Why not just go to a pharmacy and get the correct eye drops for that condition.
I have already got some its called Lumecare.....however since i stopped the ezetimibe tablets and got my new glasses a few weeks ago the condition has improved .....whether it is a coincidence it could be ....but the ezetamibe does cause muscle problems...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2014, 07:32 PM

Good to hear. BTW how are you getting on with the telescope !
ukmartian
Ipswich uk

24-03-2014, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Good to hear. BTW how are you getting on with the telescope !
I have been a bit conservative using the telescope lately due to this damn cough...The nature of using one at this time of year means cold frosty and damp weather ...that and a cough does not mix very well ....also our club observatory is at the top of over 120 steps on a spiral staircase ...not good when breathless ..here is a link to our observatory and club ..

http://www.oasi.org.uk/

Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

25-03-2014, 01:34 PM

Mmm see what you mean - shame, but it makes sense to give that one a miss - for now anyway ....

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top