Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2017, 12:17 AM

Re: Are you loved?

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Mups I am sure you son loves you who wouldn't if they were yours.

I don't see my son very often these days, he is so busy with work and the family but I often get a text which just says 'love you Mum'.
I don't see my three grandchildren a lot now they have started school but I know they love me the look on their faces whenever we meet tells me that.

Also my sister loves me, we speak every day although she is over a hundred miles away. Texting is wonderful for keeping in contact.

Meg, what a lovely thing to say, bless your heart, and thank you. x
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2017, 08:23 AM

Never been truly loved by anyone other than my two kids and am now loved by my two grandaughters.

Tried all my life to find love from another but realise it was always conditional love

I would loved to have been loved by a partner and to go into later life with them together but you get used to being just with yourself , ah well such is life
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2017, 08:32 AM

I'm not sure unconditional love is possible from a partner, it's never occurred to me to seek that. I know my husband adores me as I do him but there are breaking points that make it a conditional kind of love.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2017, 08:48 AM

I've always felt that if you actively seek something (in relationship terms) you will rarely, if ever, find it. Neither my wife or I were looking for anyone (or needed anyone) when we met. We were both happy and having a fulfilling life as independent individuals. Then, in a horribly stereotypical moment, our eyes met across a crowded room and we were lost in each other. We've been together 24 years now and our feelings for each other are stronger than ever. We weren't looking for unconditional love, but we sure got it!
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2017, 10:24 AM

I know I am loved by my hubby who tells me I am his life and that he adores me and misses me when we are apart.

I find it a lot harder to say things like that to him but I am getting better. But he knows by the way I look after him that I love him.

Its so funny I could tell both my cats how much I loved them each day.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2017, 06:06 PM

Yes of course, I'm loved...by my family, siblings and a few others that l am not prepared to mention!!
M.P.R. Ashford
Kent
M.P.R. Ashford is male 

05-04-2017, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Might seem a strange question, but the thought came to me as I was driving home yesterday - how loved do you feel?

I am not talking about the adoration of our pets, I mean human love. How many people do you like to think really love you?

I am not trying for sympathy here, (well perhaps a tiny bit ), but I honestly can't say with confidence that anybody loves me, not that I know of anyway.
Must be nice to know you're loved.

Oh dear, I'm making meself all sad now . . .
Typical bloke; I went through life not understanding Love and saying so, but in the last few years I seem to be surrounded by love. I became an Evangelical Christian about 8 years ago maybe its something to do with that, I don't know. Maybe its affected my self-confidence.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2017, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by M.P.R. Ashford ->
Typical bloke; I went through life not understanding Love and saying so, but in the last few years I seem to be surrounded by love. I became an Evangelical Christian about 8 years ago maybe its something to do with that, I don't know. Maybe its affected my self-confidence.
Mr Ashford, Please may l ask? Do you have children? If so, didn't you feel immediate love when you saw them born and held them in your arms for the first time?
M.P.R. Ashford
Kent
M.P.R. Ashford is male 

05-04-2017, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
I know I am loved by my hubby who tells me I am his life and that he adores me and misses me when we are apart.

I find it a lot harder to say things like that to him but I am getting better. But he knows by the way I look after him that I love him.

Its so funny I could tell both my cats how much I loved them each day.
When you tell someone you have been with for a very long time that you love them, its a very deep feeling. I've been married for 51 years and we have been through absolute hell at times as we are at the moment; lost babies; lost businesses; lost homes you name it, but I've never been a naughty boy even though there have been opportunities and temptations. But we have a very deep love for each other.
M.P.R. Ashford
Kent
M.P.R. Ashford is male 

05-04-2017, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Mr Ashford, Please may l ask? Do you have children? If so, didn't you feel immediate love when you saw them born and held them in your arms for the first time?
Its a very long time ago. I'm not sure it was love but sheer wonder. My wife had 3 cesars and we weren't allowed in in those days. We lost several babies so maybe I was protecting myself, we had funerals etc. I'm a typical bloke I'm afraid.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top