Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Agent
north east
Agent is male  Agent has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2015, 10:57 AM

Re: Any Gamers out there ?

Quite like the look of this

'Elite Dangerous'.

Base on the old Asteroids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=I6peGu2yG6o
greg
nottingham-Derby Border
greg is male  greg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2015, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Agent ->
Quite like the look of this

'Elite Dangerous'.

Base on the old Asteroids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=I6peGu2yG6o
yes it looks rather good doesnt it.its actually vased on the original "Elite" trading space game from the early computing days of bbc's and amigas etc.
although having read about it in forums it appears its still needing some updating etc,seems a few bits dont work very well.

Used to play Elite on a bbc computer many many years ago,good to see its still in the frame.
Was an excellent game even back then.

Been playing via an app today called "grid",superb idea,a cloud full of top games you can play for free on android devices just by going online.
Been playing some excellent titles today with it, on my shield tablet,as good as xbox/ps4 etc.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2015, 07:26 PM

Star Citizen from Roberts Space Industries is a similar game. Elite is in well into Beta whereas Star Citizen is still a work in progress and still has a lot of work to do, although as a backer I can dogfight in the Arena Commander part of the game that is available right now.

I have higher hopes for this game than I do Elite Dangerous because Star Citizen has the option to leave your ship, explore planets and engage in ground combat and so forth. I may well give Elite Dangerous a try though, as I've played just about all of the Elite series since it was first released.
Agent
north east
Agent is male  Agent has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2015, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Star Citizen from Roberts Space Industries is a similar game. Elite is in well into Beta whereas Star Citizen is still a work in progress and still has a lot of work to do, although as a backer I can dogfight in the Arena Commander part of the game that is available right now.

I have higher hopes for this game than I do Elite Dangerous because Star Citizen has the option to leave your ship, explore planets and engage in ground combat and so forth. I may well give Elite Dangerous a try though, as I've played just about all of the Elite series since it was first released.
Got to be done then.. I'm off to Baku on Wednesday for a month, (work) So when I get back will have a look at both. Happy gaming

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top