Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2013, 07:10 PM

Re: Job Centre

Keep yer distance then Steve ..... Dont get to near ....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2013, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by ukmartian ->
i am always polite ....till someone stands on my toes
Good luck for Monday anyway
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2013, 04:45 PM

Well i was right...It was a stitch up of sorts...I turned up in plenty of time ....was shown were the toilets where and put to work...my Job ...STANDING on a concrete floor at a bench ...cleaning phones with a duster ....putting them in a plastic bag then in a box...then starting again ...no one spoke..they all were going at it as if their lives depended on it.....after nearly 2hrs standing in one spot i had cramp in my legs and back and was bored stupid I even dropped two phones ...at 2 hours i was told that was it and i could go, (they said 3 hours on the phone) as they had someone else to try, to be honest i dont think i would have lasted the 3 hours ..they said i would be notified next week. It was not the job i envisaged when i applied it, the add was tarted up to make it look good ... it would suit someone with no work experience and no will or sense of achievement , but not me ..Well i know what the outcome will be Unfortunately it is a job i cant do physically or mentally and that was obvious ...but at least i tried .....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2013, 04:49 PM

Been thinking of ya today, wondering how you got on - what a let down !!
No one would want to do that job ....
It would suit a younger person until, they got the job they were banking on - a fill in .....
Sorry to hear it Steve ....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2013, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by ukmartian ->
Well i was right...It was a stitch up of sorts...I turned up in plenty of time ....was shown were the toilets where and put to work...my Job ...STANDING on a concrete floor at a bench ...cleaning phones with a duster ....putting them in a plastic bag then in a box...then starting again ...no one spoke..they all were going at it as if their lives depended on it.....after nearly 2hrs standing in one spot i had cramp in my legs and back and was bored stupid I even dropped two phones ...at 2 hours i was told that was it and i could go, (they said 3 hours on the phone) as they had someone else to try, to be honest i dont think i would have lasted the 3 hours ..they said i would be notified next week. It was not the job i envisaged when i applied it, the add was tarted up to make it look good ... it would suit someone with no work experience and no will or sense of achievement , but not me ..Well i know what the outcome will be Unfortunately it is a job i cant do physically or mentally and that was obvious ...but at least i tried .....

Steve matey, thats how they get the job done - line up a number of interviewees for a 'trial' and get them to do the work (without pay) for a number of hours and at the end of the 'trial' they are dispensed with and another set of 'trainees' are brought in. That way the company gets the work done without paying any or proper rates of pay. What a con!!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

24-06-2013, 05:21 PM

Thats right Joe - I've heard that !!!
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2013, 05:23 PM

Sorry UK but keep trying.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2013, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
No one would want to do that job ....
It would suit a younger person until, they got the job they were banking on
That is what i thought i could do ...but no money is really worth that....my dad said where is health and safety...It seems strange that i can climb a ladder run on a roof cut lawns but i cannot stand in one spot ...It could be something to do with being diabetic neuropathology or the fact that i am a bit overweight ..whatever the reason i cant stand i have to keep moving..I will mention it to the doctor next week when i have my annual check-up. I really feel upset that i will have to pass it up if by some strange reason i get offered the job after so long in looking ...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

24-06-2013, 06:41 PM

Feel for ya ..... keep smiling thru' .....
ukmartian
Ipswich uk

25-06-2013, 12:38 PM

guess wot peeps ... another Job interview on Friday....so we see wot that brings ...this time its in line with what i like to do ....its for a maintenance assistant / labourer for a house rental company ...ie a glorified DIY job ....

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top