Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2017, 10:38 PM

Re: Do you gesticulate?

Do you gesticulate?
Yes a lot and it has increased .

I go for days without speaking to anyone particularly in the winter when my neighbours don't appear outside very often and I have become out of practice at talking to people. Gesticulating helps me to express myself while finding the right words to say ...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2017, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I so agree Arty, we have a friend who does that ,she also purses her lips into a mean little line , not attractive TBH.
Apricot, Is she a Donald Trump in drag?!! He really purses his lips! As for his hand movements, say no more!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2017, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Gesticulating helps me to express myself while finding the right words to say ...
Yes, I know exactly what you mean, Meg.

I occasionally use that specific gesticulation when I'm particularly annoyed with someone.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2017, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
So agree, Artangel, my mum used to say if they tied their hands behind their backs they'd be struck dumb! If I'm trying to make a point I may gesticulate but on the whole, no, I don't.
As for the Wallace and Gromit wide mouthed speak ! Arrggghhhh !!!
cranberry, Yes, you're right about them being like Wallace and Gromit !!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2017, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Do you do the "eye twitch" too?
What, may I ask is the "hairdryer treatment"?
It sounds scary!

I think I would like Trump more if he didn't do that pinchy thing he does.
Yes ive developed a nice line in the nervous twitch in the eye since i joined OFF.

As for the hairdryer treatment. Ive known a few.

When Sir Alex Ferguson was angry with his players, he shouted at them with such force, it was like having a hairdryer switched on in their faces. It became known as the hairdryer treatment.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2017, 08:54 AM

I too have a nice line in gesticulating with the middle finger of My right hand, and I'm becoming a dab-hand at raspberry blowing ...aimed at the WUMs on 'ere...it's especially good for exercising the facial muscles
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2017, 09:24 AM

There are about 5 journalists and our DH prime minister I'd recognise by their hand/arm movements if you blocked their faces and audio.
They always have the same old movements no matter what they're talking about. It doesn't really help me to understand them better and it's not really reinforcing what they're saying. I guess it's just a useless habit. Did you know that Italians actually talk with their hands and feet?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2017, 09:27 AM

Ooh is that like playing footsie under the table?!!!!
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2017, 09:31 AM

Could well be, or not be. What ever the case me be or not be.
Shut up Ploppy.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2017, 09:32 AM

I don't gesticulating as a rule unless I'm impersonating someone else in a story!

At work I do it a lot to get a point across or to summarise information
I do that slicing the air in front of me in to separate parts ,wth gentle, karate chop movements of the hand

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top