Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 02:57 PM

Re: Lake District abandoned campsite shows 'sheer disrespect'

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
That sort of thing is disgusting and completely unacceptable

However, you should distinguish between genuine backpackers who enjoy wild camping, and the people who leave that sort of mess - they're just yobs

Most backpackers would rightly be horrified by that sort of behaviour and condemn it completely
Backpackers and wild campers usually carry their gear themselves, in a rucsac; keep a low profile; and camp in remote areas or use small quiet campsites; and generally behave themselves, living by the principle of -
Take nothing but photographs; leave nothing but footprints

The sort of camping that leaves such a mess isn't wild camping, it's fly camping by yobs who drive to nice areas and leave them in a mess

I am a member of the Backpackers club; we have high standards and have earned a good reputation among farmers & landowners
We certainly would not tolerate that sort of behaviour by our members, and it is annoying that we are tarred with the same brush

www.backpackersclub.co.uk
I'm absolutely 100% boiling with rage at what was left in the Lake District. As Zuludog says, take nothing but photographs and leave nothing but footprints.

BTW, those tents are dirt cheap, they're the sort that are abandoned at festivals. No self-respecting camper would even contemplate buying such cheap rubbish.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I'm absolutely 100% boiling with rage at what was left in the Lake District. As Zuludog says, take nothing but photographs and leave nothing but footprints.

BTW, those tents are dirt cheap, they're the sort that are abandoned at festivals. No self-respecting camper would even contemplate buying such cheap rubbish.
We are adding to that "Take one last look over your shoulder for a good look and to make sure you left nothing behind."

We have that with beach canopies. Some of us wanted a tax put on the sale of them to help with beach cleanup, but our council just made them illegal instead. Overnight beach camping has been made illegal too. Amazing how so many idiots are forcing government to become bigger and bigger.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 03:46 PM

Young people with nothing to do except cause trouble and spread the virus
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 05:09 PM

This is quite common in the beauty spots up here....its disgusting and several places have now banned camping and/or large groups. I noticed in the news that Nottingham went a bit wild over the weekend, and also left their rubbish strewn behind.
Heatherbelle
Canada
Heatherbelle is female  Heatherbelle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 05:46 PM

You can't change some people no matter how much you educate them regarding our planet.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 06:20 PM

Nottingham:

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 07:01 PM

Yes, I'm afraid there is nothing that you or I can do to prevent this sort of behaviour.

Those who can try to prevent such things happening seem to be unwilling to do anything. The police are heavily outnumbered and restricted by law as to what they can do. The government talks about it, but doesn't appear to be concerned enough to do anything concrete.

I suppose that irresponsible behaviour like this will just continue. Sad, I know, but we're just going to have to live with it.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Sad, I know, but we're just going to have to live with it.
How many times have we said that about things that go wrong in this country? Frankly I'm tired of having to live with the consequences of other people's selfish actions.

(and yes, I don't know what we can do about it, except complain...!)
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
How many times have we said that about things that go wrong in this country? Frankly I'm tired of having to live with the consequences of other people's selfish actions.

(and yes, I don't know what we can do about it, except complain...!)
Indeed, there is nothing we can so about it... until....

2024!

A long time to wait, but this government seems uninterested in the problem. If we want change, I see the only real option is a change of government.

The really big problem is trying to persuade people who have voted for the same two parties all their lives to change their minds for once.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Nottingham yesterday, I despair do some people want us to be in lockdown forever ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-56575135
I blame their parents Meg !!

Donkeyman! 👎👎

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top