Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2014, 08:18 AM

Re: Timekeeping

I think it's the height of rudeness and selfishness to be always late. It's a bid for attention and a total disregard for the person who's waiting for you to amble up. If I had a friend who always kept me waiting I would either stop seeing them or I would tell them we were meeting at, say, 8, and arrive at 8.30. If that didn't work I'm afraid there would be a row. Of course, as someone has said, occasionally it's just unavoidable and excusable.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2014, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by HTB ->
this is because you have bad management.............lead by example, and do as I say, not as you want.............i know from experience that you just have to pull one up. and the rest will fall in line.............i allow phones. but as soon as they abuse it. i put them on the naughty step. and ban all phones by everyone.......as you can imagine. they normally tow the line..............i tell my guys when I come in and when I go home.......my diary is open for all to see......my door is always open.............i do not under any circumstances condone tardiness or uncleanliness........my smokers take their smoke breaks from the normal break time........i am tough. and would never tell anyone to do something I would not do myself...............i may come across as a hard task master...............but I am a very very good boss...........back you to the hilt. and take the blame........thats because it's my job.........HTB
Htb I wish all bosses were like you. You sound like a great one and I bet you get the best from your staff.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2014, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
Oooops Carol .... good job you waited for me and CC on our meet-up .... I just HAD to pop in the charity shop !!!!

But .... you did arrive earlier than expected and you had lovely Jazzi to keep you company
Ahhhh, the secrets are coming out now!

Thank you for those kind words. It was no bother waiting with Carol, and great chatting with her. (*waves*. Hi Carol)

I absolutely do try to be punctual, but often there are conspiracies to have me either just arriving on the dot, or a little late. Most often public transport running behind. Yesterday I should have arrived for my appointment 20 minutes early, to have time to talk to the doctor, but I misread the address on the letter and went to the wrong hospital. Great Ormond Street, London doesn't only have one: oh no!!!

Had to be redirected but they were good about it, and said no you're 'not late'. My consultation did run over though as we covered a lot of ground.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2014, 09:42 AM

I am fastidious about being on time for appointments and then have to endure the sorry we are running about 30 minutes late notice. Often a sign seen in hospital eye clinics and other doctors surgeries etc. I find it frustrating but are the late ones the ones that are causing these hold ups and should be made to wait or cancel their appointments. It seems to me that sometimes they give out multiple appointments for the same time! I shall still be early because that is inbuilt in me.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2014, 05:54 PM

grrr-it happened again today. My friend was due between half past two and three. She turned up at twenty past four saying `oh I would have let you know if I was not coming` Not good enough-did it not cross her mind that I may have been concerned? And had not noticed my two calls left on her phone?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2014, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
grrr-it happened again today. My friend was due between half past two and three. She turned up at twenty past four saying `oh I would have let you know if I was not coming` Not good enough-did it not cross her mind that I may have been concerned? And had not noticed my two calls left on her phone?
Understandable - I'd gave felt the same .....
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2014, 07:20 PM

I'd rather be 30 minutes early than five minutes late and I admit to being impatient if I'm kept waiting
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2014, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->

Oh that really is bad OG. If I'm late it's usually only 5 or 10 mins, certainly not 1 & half hours, like your friend. That really is rude.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2014, 08:46 PM

I am usually a bit early for appointments or meet ups but I have to hassle the man of the house who always just 'has' to do something!! Can be really annoying, he doesn't think it matters - it's only five minutes, I disagree...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top