Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2015, 04:49 PM

Re: he loves me /he loves me not'''

Originally Posted by toffee ->
do u remember the class room game -fold the paper right in the corners all daft stuff lol till it made a like triangle with numbers on it -choose a number and color ..
Another one we still do, never understood why it wasn't so popular with adults but when you are washing up and the plaintive cry is go on pick a number you do occasionally feel like drowning yourself in the washing up bowl
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2015, 05:20 PM

Did someone mention Cats Cradle?
If you go to Amazon Books and search cats cradle there are dozens of books showing you how to do it, you can even buy special string!
French knitting kits too.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2015, 05:50 PM

do u remember the class room game -fold the paper right in the corners all daft stuff lol till it made a like triangle with numbers on it -choose a number and color ..
Toffee I love that! I still do it now with pieces of paper. Old habits die hard
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2015, 06:27 PM

I can still make them yes it was choose a number then you counted out the number opening one way and the other, then you opened it up, and then you said pick a colour and spelt the colour and counted it out again and opened it all out and it said something daft inside like " Your and idiot ". I love them..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2015, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
I can still make them yes it was choose a number then you counted out the number opening one way and the other, then you opened it up, and then you said pick a colour and spelt the colour and counted it out again and opened it all out and it said something daft inside like " Your and idiot ". I love them..
Yep I remember them in the classroom, funny to think we were all doing the same thing
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2015, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
Did anyone play Elastic Twist, it was a good game And Queenie who's got the ball? What about the game called In my Grandfathers Chest? or May I?
Sue, I'm wondering if that was what we called "Chinese ropes"? Rubber bands attached to each other and we put our feet in them and did all sorts! Great at the time
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2015, 07:49 PM

it does take us back doesn't it 'all good fun tho' we used to do jumper picking wool 'all colors from the one sitting in front hhaha ...then we had bead swop- loved it always trying to get the diamond ,go home search thro your mums draws for her costume jewelery...can still see my bead tin ....
Woolie
Alberta Canada
Woolie is female 

11-05-2015, 07:50 PM

Laying in the long sweet smelling grass and watching the clouds skit by. Taking a picnic of a tizer bottle full of water and bread and jam to the meadows.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2015, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Myra ->
Sue, I'm wondering if that was what we called "Chinese ropes"? Rubber bands attached to each other and we put our feet in them and did all sorts! Great at the time
We used Knicker elastic one big length, you stood opposite each other and the elastic was around each others ankles, then the player came and put they foot under one of the elastics and push it across the other side and vice versa, then they had to jump on it some way or another if they did it all correct it got harder and the elastic was put up to knee length.... It was so funny and i'm laughing now thinking about it
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire

11-05-2015, 08:15 PM

My best single player game was the Whip and Top, I used to love it, i'd chalk colour's on the top of it and put a drawing pin in the middle, don't ask me why nearly everybody did it, i also tie a knot at the end of the string to make it go faster. I have a craft shop bought one and a Diabolo, although i can't balance it on the rope, i never mastered that

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top