Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 08:49 PM

Re: Facts of Life

As a teacher, I know that schools are so much better than they used to be at educating children.
Not in a forced way either... Letting the pupils lead it but helping to dispell any myths or misconstrued facts.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
No my parents never told me anything, learnt everything at School from other kids, even the time of the month I didn't know what that was.
Same here!! Cept as for finding out, it was in a book that I knew my parents hid under the bed.

Naughty me.
Hawkeye
Devon UK
Hawkeye is male  Hawkeye has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 08:59 PM

When I explained the facts of life to my daughter who was about eight at the time, it was while we were cleaning out the Rabbit Hutch outside. Unbeknown to me the lady next door was just behind the garden fence and when my little daughter burst out laughing so did the neighbour! I guess neither of them believed me.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkeye ->
When I explained the facts of life to my daughter who was about eight at the time, it was while we were cleaning out the Rabbit Hutch outside. Unbeknown to me the lady next door was just behind the garden fence and when my little daughter burst out laughing so did the neighbour! I guess neither of them believed me.
Oh Hawkeye, I'm too scared to ask how...
Hawkeye
Devon UK
Hawkeye is male  Hawkeye has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Oh Hawkeye, I'm too scared to ask how...
I tried to explain that boy animals have to plant a seed with their 'equipment' when my daughter thought it was another one of Dad's stupid jokes and she collapsed laughing. She had asked 'the question' and I was on the spot. Saying 'go ask your mother' is not my style and I thought it was a cop out.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

30-12-2015, 09:29 PM

It was a noble effort to be fair!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2015, 12:42 AM

My parents told me nowt.

I didnt fare much better for when I said to my son "We need to have a talk about the facts of life", he coolly replied

" Fine dad........ whadya want to know?"
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2015, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
My parents told me nowt.

I didnt fare much better for when I said to my son "We need to have a talk about the facts of life", he coolly replied

" Fine dad........ whadya want to know?"

Good Robert ... that has made me chuckle

You're on form
Browbeaten
manchester
Browbeaten is male  Browbeaten has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2015, 12:54 AM

I took my then 4 year old grandson to the Eureka Natural History Museum
( recommended ) in Halifax.
There was a section solely on the human reproductive system, from the egg getting fertilised and various stages of development through to the birth.
I explained to him about the penis and vagina.
The next time there was a family gathering, at which I was thankfully not present, he proudly proclaimed that he knew how his mother got pregnant.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2015, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Browbeaten ->
I took my then 4 year old grandson to the Eureka Natural History Museum
( recommended ) in Halifax.
There was a section solely on the human reproductive system, from the egg getting fertilised and various stages of development through to the birth.
I explained to him about the penis and vagina.
The next time there was a family gathering, at which I was thankfully not present, he proudly proclaimed that he knew how his mother got pregnant.
Ah ... and will you share it with us ?

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top