Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2012, 02:59 PM

Re: Historian finds grandfather’s long-lost WWI medal on eBay

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I have read of people who for various reasons have had to sell family medals and I think it is very sad . I have my husband's medals in a little box along with his epaulets and regimental tie.

He was only in one war, Korea so they are mostly service medals awarded for terms of duty in places like Northern Ireland, not 'a war' a such but none the less hell on earth for some .

To me the medals are special and represent a large part of my husbands adult life and the sacrifices he made in the service of his country.

My son doesn't remember his Father, he was very young when he died . Even so I know when the time comes to pass on the medals they will mean a lot to him too..
Love this post, thanks Meg.
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2012, 08:04 PM

Re: Historian finds grandfather’s long-lost WWI medal on eBay

My Husband is always looking through the medals on ebay. He look's for both his granddads, dads and uncle medals. He would love to find them. He spent a long time doing their war history. Sent for their army papers.
His Granddad was in the Boar War and WW1.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top