Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2014, 01:01 PM

Re: Unwanted visitor

You've warmed my heart gal x
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2014, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
The only thing I kill are fleas on my cats. Everything else including mice,
flies, bees, wasps, snakes if we had any in Nottinghamshire get put out
to live their short lives. I hate standing on a spider or a snail. Accidents do happen but no killing. They have the right to live without harm in my mind.
Not surprised there would be some killers amongst us.
I'm the same way. Even spiders I'll pick up and put outside. Unless it's winter time, then I'll just usually leave them be, but if they're allowed to stay in the house, they have to stay hidden from my cats or they're goners. Wasps, that may be another story. They're hard to catch and if you piddle them off, they come after you. But I too don't like stepping on anything. Even as a kid I'd tell everyone "don't step on the ants!" That stayed with me clear into adulthood. And around here at night I have to watch where I walk because of the crickets and the toads. I found a toad in the driveway last night and put him over into the bed against the house, but he popped back out again. I reached down and he actually let me scritch the side of his head and I told him he sure was a stubborn thing. So when I go outside at night, I carry a small flashlight with me.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2014, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
You've warmed my heart gal x
And you mine, as it's nice to see I'm not alone
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2014, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
I've had the occasional mouse in the house. Not for a good while now (it's been several years) but I buy the humane traps, for I don't have the heart to kill them. That probably stems from having mice and rats as pets for so many years. I even had a little mouse, Trixie, that would get herself in and out of her cage. She liked wandering my apartment and when she was done exploring, she'd go back to her cage on her own. We had to watch every move we made, though, as my boyfriend almost stepped on her one time. But anytime we'd eat in the living room, here she'd come, crawling up into our laps begging for tidbits. And one time we were throwing out an old recliner and we were ready to take it out to the big bin so the trash people could pick it up and I was like, "Wait... where's Trixie?"

We turned the chair on its side and, sure enough, out she came. We nearly tossed her out with the trash!

But I digress, she was a domesticated mouse, not a wild mouse. However, again, we would always use the humane traps. Worked every time. Once I had them trapped, I'd drive up the road to the woods by a little ravine and let them go. The trap that I bought has a space where you can slide a cracker down into it after you spread it with peanut butter. It always attracted them, so if any of you are having a hard time getting the humane traps to work, try the peanut butter.
We had tame mice & ratties when the kids were small. I love ratties, they make such good pets for children.

I would never kill any furry creature. I put them outside. I don't kill other creatures either, except those horrid, should not be here, False Widow spiders. They can bite & it's not pleasant, our next door neighbour was ill for ages after one bit him. So if I see one it gets squished.
Linda0818
USA

27-08-2014, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
We had tame mice & ratties when the kids were small. I love ratties, they make such good pets for children.

I would never kill any furry creature. I put them outside. I don't kill other creatures either, except those horrid, should not be here, False Widow spiders. They can bite & it's not pleasant, our next door neighbour was ill for ages after one bit him. So if I see one it gets squished.
Yes, some spiders are aggressive and should be dealt with accordingly.

And rats are great. I've had many of them over the years. I have cats now, though, and that's not a good combination.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2014, 05:07 PM

Sometimes baiting the dear little furry things is the only solution.

Linda0818
USA

27-08-2014, 05:48 PM

Holy @$#!

LOL
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2014, 07:33 PM

Thanks for the reply Linda.
I've seen that before, Bruce, it's horrendous. Now that would freak me out.
Linda0818
USA

27-08-2014, 08:26 PM

Embarrassingly, I would have been afraid of stepping on any of them, haha.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

27-08-2014, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
Embarrassingly, I would have been afraid of stepping on any of them, haha.
Me as well.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top