Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2014, 10:20 AM

Re: A poem entitled England

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I have a good mind to write another poem about the 'England of old' and tell how it really was .
I think you as a Welshman are getting England mixed up with Britain...........apportion any blame on England for what ill's and reasons you have equally on Wales Scotland and Ireland under the banner of Britain.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2014, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Sorry to threw cold water on the proceedings here but the England of old wasn't so hot was it? Arrogant aristocracy with too much power, far too rich for their own good - taxing the poor - terrible atrocities carried out by the church in foreign lands - the list is endless. We have marvellous scholars to wonder at but these were individuals battling for survival half the time. Nah the 'England of old' was just a bit dire to say the least.
I blame it all on the Romans anyway

Good morning Lee
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2014, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Spoken like a true Welshman Mark
With German ancestry ... lol

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top