Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 06:43 PM

Re: What were you like as a child

I was always the "cheeky one" and always in trouble

I wasn't cheeky, just didn't get social norms

Now Im older Im painfully shy and prefer not to be out of my comfort zone
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 06:43 PM

tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 06:47 PM

My favourite outfit, although I would have preferred it to have trousers rather than a skirt!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Little me in cow girl outfit.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	6152  
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 06:56 PM

I was an unusual child because I didn't enjoy playing with children but loved spending time with adults.
My primary school teacher taught me to play chess and encouraged me to write little plays, which a few of us would act in, while the others watched. ( That made me popular because he would often substitute that play for a Friday afternoon lesson)

At home I would play on my garden swing rather than play with the other kids in the street, but I always had time to chat to elderly neighbours.

Mixing with adults certainly made me confident, and was usually very girlie. Most people, who knew me as a child, thought I behaved like an adult even when at primary school.

The strange thing is that I have never felt that I missed out on anything when I hear others talking about being a child.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I was an unusual child because I didn't enjoy playing with children but loved spending time with adults.
My primary school teacher taught me to play chess and encourage me to write little plays, which a few of us would act in while the others watched. ( That made me popular because he would often substitute that play for a Friday afternoon lesson)

At home I would play on my garden swing rather than play with the other kids in the street, but I always had time to chat to elderly neighbours.

Mixing with adults certainly made me confident, and most people, who knew me as a child, thought I behaved like an adult even when at primary school.

The strange thing is that I have never felt that I missed out on anything when I hear others talking about being a child.
This reminded me of one of my close friends Son. He was an unusual child never wanted to play with the other kids always preferring to stay in with his own company, learning music and studying. He was always a lovely well mannered boy and has turned out a lovely young man. He was never bullied, the other kids just accepted him for who he was. I remember thinking he will go far and guess what, he has gone far and is up at the top of his profession.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 07:18 PM

I was the opposite Twinks I played with the kids in the street and I was very gregarious... not so much now I learned a few hard lessons and I'm not that trusting little girl anymore.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 07:48 PM

I was a spoilt brat. Ran away from Pre-school, tried to join the Gypsies.
I was a little rascal - Not much changes with me.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I was a spoilt brat. Ran away from Pre-school, tried to join the Gypsies.
I was a little rascal - Not much changes with me.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->

Susie I think your mum used to cut your fringe same as my mum did.... hairdressing wasn't her greatest talent
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 08:09 PM

All these dreadful naughty children, I'm in good company then

I was a typical redhead rebel nightmare, my poor mother!

Always in trouble, forever breaking the rules...nothing changes!

Must be due for another ban soon :

P.S. but lovely with it

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top