Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 12:51 PM

Re: Do police officers still wear shoes?

Art reminds me of that old joke.

Question given to Rookie policman

What would you do if you had to arrest your grandmother ?

Answer

Call for back up !
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Marky34 ->
That’s a bit rude. You mean he walked on your carpets in his outdoor footwear? Did he not even offer to remove them?

I know, indeed he did, they aren’t allowed to remove them I believe, same as tradesmen, you can buy plastic over the shoe type,.i never had any, I had to wear them, when I was caring, going into some beautiful homes, with white carpets, also some homes, where I had to wipe my feet on the way out,
Marky34
Surrey
Marky34 is male  Marky34 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I know, indeed he did, they aren’t allowed to remove them I believe, same as tradesmen, you can buy plastic over the shoe type,.i never had any, I had to wear them, when I was caring, going into some beautiful homes, with white carpets, also some homes, where I had to wipe my feet on the way out,
I’ll tell a quick amusing tale relating to that. Quite right that footwear can’t be removed now but back in my day, it was your own choice really. If I went into someone’s house for routine purposes, I’d generally comply if they asked me to take my shoes off. You wouldn’t dare do so with boots because they took forever to refit.

On one occasion I had removed my shoes and when I put them back on, I must have tugged a bit forcibly as I tied them up ... and one of the laces snapped right off! Not just the end of the lace, but it broke right into the midst of the lace holes, so the lace just came right out.

There followed the most embarrassing walk back, with me stepping out of my shoe every half a dozen paces...
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Marky34 ->
I’ll tell a quick amusing tale relating to that. Quite right that footwear can’t be removed now but back in my day, it was your own choice really. If I went into someone’s house for routine purposes, I’d generally comply if they asked me to take my shoes off. You wouldn’t dare do so with boots because they took forever to refit.

On one occasion I had removed my shoes and when I put them back on, I must have tugged a bit forcibly as I tied them up ... and one of the laces snapped right off! Not just the end of the lace, but it broke right into the midst of the lace holes, so the lace just came right out.

There followed the most embarrassing walk back, with me stepping out of my shoe every half a dozen paces...

I bet you got some looks, a Police Officer stepping out of his shoes, every half a dozen paces,

We’re you ever able to switch off, once out of uniform?

That sergeant I cleaned for never did, she should have joined the army!..
Marky34
Surrey
Marky34 is male  Marky34 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I bet you got some looks, a Police Officer stepping out of his shoes, every half a dozen paces,

We’re you ever able to switch off, once out of uniform?

That sergeant I cleaned for never did, she should have joined the army!..
Yes, definitely. If you didn’t you wouldn’t have survived.

That doesn’t mean you don’t always carry the characteristics of a copper around with you, though!

Tons of funny stuff helped deal with the more unpleasant, too.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top