Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2020, 07:22 PM

Re: Food is killing us

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
People should not be starving in this world, how to resolve it,I have no idea.
That's was I was trying to explain. Try this:

"Preference for large families continues to be a major factor determining levels of fertility in Sub-Saharan Africa. ... Culture, religious beliefs, gender relations and low child survival rates - all play a critical role in very personal decisions about reproduction and hence overall fertility levels and trends."
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2020, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
It’s close to home on this continent and as Visitor said, it’s a complicated issue compounded by a lack of education, patriarchal societies and tribal laws that are largely out of touch with this day and age, lack of access to contraception and greed by those in power.

You know the saying you get what you vote for, yet the masses continue to vote for the same corrupt governments.

Looking at the data, it just struck me that programs aimed at educating women and providing access to contraceptives for women will help alleviate undernourishment and deaths caused by hunger.

We need to empower women to make better choices if we want a world that’s better for our children.

Those greedy £&*(#@£& will get their comeuppance one day!....
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2020, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
No-one, Bakerman.
Me neither
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2020, 07:39 PM

It’s close to home on this continent and as Visitor said, it’s a complicated issue compounded by a lack of education, patriarchal societies and tribal laws that are largely out of touch with this day and age, lack of access to contraception and greed by those in power.

You know the saying you get what you vote for, yet the masses continue to vote for the same corrupt governments.

Looking at the data, it just struck me that programs aimed at educating women and providing access to contraceptives for women will help alleviate undernourishment and deaths caused by hunger.

We need to empower women to make better choices if we want a world that’s better for our children.
I tried.....................
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2020, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I tried.....................
Thank you. Glad you got my message
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2020, 08:36 PM

My son advised me to give to a charity organisation,Minx, rather than sending money personally,because in all honesty I didn’t know the guy I sent the money to,he told me they were very hungry,so took him at face value,but the pictures he posted of himself,he had designer wear on,it was my son who spotted it.

People should not be starving in this world, how to resolve it,I have no idea.

If we all thought about each other, I’m sure there would be enough to go round, but the world doesn’t think like that.

Some do, but many don’t.
Yes, charity organisations are far better but empowerment Champaign’s/programs are by far the best option.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

09-12-2020, 08:39 PM

Thank you. Glad you got my message
Yes, I did. A complex issue as I'm sure you are aware.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2020, 09:16 PM

Good heavens, remember all of the huge world-wide feed the starving people programs of the past? Yes, those programs managed to feed many hungry people. But, what good did it do ? It kept people alive along enough to reproduce a greater number of starving people.

This may sound cruel, but the more people we feed, in 3rd world countries, the more we are going to have to feed 20 years from now.

IMO, the only way to solve the problem is to institute a massive program of birth control, even if that means sterilizing millions of people. Unfortunately, such programs can only work in dictatorships … like China.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2020, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
No-one, Bakerman.
there are many youtube videos about such people.

Plenty on the my 600lbs weight YouTube videos,what an eye opener that was bakerman,one man had to have part of his house removed to get him out of the house, I could not believe what they would consume in one sitting,and yes a lot said it was their comfort food.they still continued even though they knew it was killing them.quite a few passed away as well, very sad indeed.
Indeed. I recently saw a program on TV about a young man who weighed 900 lbs (408 kilo). His mother kept making more and more high-calorie, fattening foods for him. During the TV program she made him a "snack" of a mammoth ham, cheese, salami, baloney, bacon, sandwich that must have been 1,500 calories .. and THAT was just a "snack". And he washed it down with a liter of coke.

THERE IS NO CURE FOR STUPIDITY.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2020, 09:27 PM

It would be nice if we all cared about and looked after each other,that would make a better world.

To much greed in this world!!...power and corruption!!

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top