Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2014, 04:30 PM

Re: Plusnet Fibre Review

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Ooooo Azz
You is in stereo !
Fixed (deleted the double post)

Originally Posted by Bird ->
Thanks Azz. I've spoken to Plusnet and sent emails, they've monitored the line and sent BT Openreach out to investigate. They just don't seem to know what the problem is. Its not so bad at the moment but I think a new router may be the next thing to try.
Did the Openeach engineer come inside and test the line from your telephone socket? If not, I am not sure I would believe they have tested it fully

Usually the engineer can test the line to see what speeds you can get into your house - the one that came here said we could get 150Mbps (tho only 80mbps is currently available).
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2014, 04:50 PM

We had two visits within a week, Azz. The first one checked and replaced the sockets and did lots of checks on his laptop. The second one again checked the inside socket and went out to the main box for the area and switched some wires around. He said he was surprised we'd not been offered a new router. Since the latter visit it has been better but I still have occasional problems with speed and line dropping.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2014, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Bird ->
We had two visits within a week, Azz. The first one checked and replaced the sockets and did lots of checks on his laptop. The second one again checked the inside socket and went out to the main box for the area and switched some wires around. He said he was surprised we'd not been offered a new router. Since the latter visit it has been better but I still have occasional problems with speed and line dropping.
What speeds are showing for you at www.speedtest.net? Have you got fibre, or normal broadband?

What kind of property do you live in? When the engineers came round, did they put a new line in for you?

The engineer would have been able to say what speeds were achievable to your house when he checked the line...
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2014, 06:28 PM

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3612040058

I just have normal broadband. I live in a newish house (around 15 years) and the line was found to be fault free. The engineer did tell me what speeds were likely but like the speedtest, it doesn't really mean a lot to me, I just know my laptop is slow, maybe that's the problem, I've had it four years its maybe time for a new one.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

08-07-2014, 06:46 PM

Your speeds are not too bad Val, if things feel slow it could well be your laptop letting you down. Have you considered a Mac?
Val J
East Yorkshire

08-07-2014, 10:23 PM

Err, briefly, think I'll stick with me Dell !!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

10-07-2014, 10:52 AM

My speeds are continuing to improve, so I have updated the first post, here's one I did a moment ago:

MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2014, 11:34 AM

Nice speed .

I've gone for the cheaper option which is capped at 40 mb/s, though the upload speed appears to be the same, which I'm far more interested in as it will boost the performance of my server, which is currently functioning on a max of around 80 kbs, amazing really when I have over a 100 big shops on it.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

10-07-2014, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Nice speed .

I've gone for the cheaper option which is capped at 40 mb/s, though the upload speed appears to be the same, which I'm far more interested in as it will boost the performance of my server, which is currently functioning on a max of around 80 kbs, amazing really when I have over a 100 big shops on it.
They gave us the first 6 months at half price - don't they have any similar offers for existing customers?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2014, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
They gave us the first 6 months at half price - don't they have any similar offers for existing customers?
Can't say I noticed any. Anyway tis only £5 per month more than I'm paying now. I bet the price will drop at some time or other too or they will offer more for the price.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top