Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 10:06 AM

Re: Robin Corbyn again

I couldn't have put it better myself dukeofear.

Julie, politically, you and I will never agree. But I do believe that a strong opposition is always needed, whoever is in power.

Arthut
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I don't believe sadly he will ever be PM but we need him to lead an opposition to the ridiculous policies we are getting now, the light right we currently have are more worried about their jobs and making money for themselves than helping the people they represent.

We need a credible left to counter the right, not 2 shades of right beating down the poor and disadvantaged..

We have jealousy being encouraged against the poor and disabled as if getting benefit is something to envy so they can take it all away. We need someone to understand people who need benefit are not bad people scamming everyone else. they are people in need and making them try to live on less is helping no one.
Oh yes poor people we get them here. Walking on sticks in great pain and free disability cars, wheel-chairs in the back and wads of cash.
Except some days they come up the several miles of hills and rough tracks to get here on mountain bikes and then hump heavy bales of straw about the place and muck out their three horses which ain't cheap to keep. Think I am kidding, no I am not.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 10:13 AM

You DO know DOE that bad temper and anger can bring on a stinking migraine dontcha?...just saying ;~)
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 10:21 AM

It's so obvious when people are jealous of the disabled sad really must make them bitter in the end. Being disabled and not claiming anything I could be the same but I chose to think if I needed help it will be there and the people getting it now deserve just as nice a life as anyone working. Being disabled shouldn't mean living as a pauper.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
You DO know DOE that bad temper and anger can bring on a stinking migraine dontcha?...just saying ;~)
Not me, I am sweet and lovable.
dukeofearl
south coast uk

24-08-2015, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It's so obvious when people are jealous of the disabled sad really must make them bitter in the end. Being disabled and not claiming anything I could be the same but I chose to think if I needed help it will be there and the people getting it now deserve just as nice a life as anyone working. Being disabled shouldn't mean living as a pauper.
Might explain Corbyn supporters..

" This Awareness indicates the Earth planet
as having been selected as a depository for the mentally unbalanced,
the spiritually unbalanced entities of the Galaxy;
that this planet is known as the insane Asylum of the Universe."
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 10:47 AM

I see the target now is get a million off disability benefit and into work, no suggestion where these million jobs will be found, the ones where flexible working will allow people to go to medical appointments, the ones that allow people days off if they have a bad day, or week, the ones that are not physical, the retraining for the jobs if they can be found etc just stop their money and let them starve seems the answer. Another story in the paper is a cancer sufferer living in a car, having lived in a car I can say that isn't easy and is not something anyone should be doing if they are fighting cancer or any other disease.
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 11:03 AM

Julie, I do agree that disabled people should get sufficient benefit to live a good life. But I am sure you will also agree that there are quite a lot who play the system. These are the ones who need rooting out.

Arthur
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

24-08-2015, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Old Supporter ->
Julie, I do agree that disabled people should get sufficient benefit to live a good life. But I am sure you will also agree that there are quite a lot who play the system. These are the ones who need rooting out.

Arthur
I don't disagree but when my husband had a stroke he fought his way back firstly on sick then JSA the job centre at the time fought hard to try to make him stay on the sick as they didn't think they could find him a job and at the time they wanted to massage the figures to bring down the unemployment figures. How many have been caught in that little scam ?

And where is this million jobs coming from to employ the people you think should be working ?

Also I trust the doctors more than politicians to say who can work and who can't.

Many of the people on disability are used to physical jobs where is the retraining to find them work they can now do sitting behind a desk or whatever ?

Some joined up policy making would be good. Not knee jerk pandering to the bitter and jealous.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Old Supporter ->

Arthur
I agree Old Supporter - there are many who play the system and they should be targeted.
Blue badges get abused regularly, so many sprinters getting them nowadays, it seems...
Julie, many of the doctors feel so intimidated by SOME patients, there very often has to be an independent judge of abilities.
It's about what work a person can do rather than what he/she can't do. Better for everyone, surely?

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top