Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2014, 03:33 PM

Re: Current ME politics - when were they never current?

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Audrey - just heard on the news that 'Iran' is willing to help AND co-operate with the USA !
Great news
Yes.. I have heard that. Imagine what the Republicans will say if Obama suddenly cooperates with Iran.. We still have an entire group of them that would have us fighting in nearly every ME country. Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, Libya... The biggest Chicken Hawks are John McCain, Lindsey Graham, and now ole Mit Romney has piped in, as well as Dick Cheney no less. These are the last people Obama should listen to.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2014, 03:34 PM

I just couldn't believe my ears on this - never thought I'd see the day !
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2014, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
Yes.. I have heard that. Imagine what the Republicans will say if Obama suddenly cooperates with Iran.. We still have an entire group of them that would have us fighting in nearly every ME country. Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, Libya... The biggest Chicken Hawks are John McCain, Lindsey Graham, and now ole Mit Romney has piped in, as well as Dick Cheney no less. These are the last people Obama should listen to.

Chicken Hawks ??? - Audrey - don't you mean Shi'ite Hawks!!!
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2014, 04:31 PM

I just couldn't believe my ears on this - never thought I'd see the day !

I think Obama SHOULD talk with Iran about this. They have more stake in an unstable Iraq than we do.. BUT just imagine what will be said.. Iran has been the bigest boogie man in the GOP nightmares. But it seems like once Ahmadinejad left.. the new folks are a lot more reasonable.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2014, 04:33 PM

Exactly - I wonder if some 'good' can come out of this latest development .....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2014, 04:35 PM

Exactly - I wonder if some 'good' can come out of this latest development .....
Only if the U.S. stops supporting the Zionists.
AudreyII
USA

17-06-2014, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Chicken Hawks ??? - Audrey - don't you mean Shi'ite Hawks!!!
We like to call our congressional warmongers "Chicken Hawks" because the vast majority of them, with the exception of John McCain were draft dodgers.. That includes Dick Cheney and Mitt Romney. However, they absolutely LOVE sending our kids over to be killed in order to make money for their friends.

By the way, Just heard that we are sending 250 troops to defend our embassy in Bagdad. I guess I can understand that with the hoop de Doo that is still going on about the Benghazi incident. Heaven forbid the terrorists kill someone in the embassy... The REpublicans will set their hair on fire! Also looks like some droning may be coming, although I'm not sure what good that will do in the long run. The Iraqi army has shown it will not fight.. I still say let them resolve it and we should stay out. I'm planning on calling my two Senators to ask them to vote AGAINST any action in IRaq.
manasota
South Yorkshire
manasota is male  manasota has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2014, 12:41 PM

The Iraqi army has shown it will not fight.. .
As I understand it Audrey, the Iraqi army has been betrayed by traitors in senior ranks who have colluded with the terrorists - possibly remnants of Saddam's Ba'athists. The poor soldiers had no leadership when they needed it most. The army now appears to be rallying, no doubt re-enforced by the influx of Shia who are yearning to do to the Sunni what the Sunni terrorists have done to them.
AudreyII
USA

17-06-2014, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by manasota ->
As I understand it Audrey, the Iraqi army has been betrayed by traitors in senior ranks who have colluded with the terrorists - possibly remnants of Saddam's Ba'athists. The poor soldiers had no leadership when they needed it most. The army now appears to be rallying, no doubt re-enforced by the influx of Shia who are yearning to do to the Sunni what the Sunni terrorists have done to them.
I guess when 30,000 troops take off their uniforms and lay down their guns and RUN.. one would have to infer they don't wish to fight... whatever the reason for it. It is especially galling when WE.. the American Taxpayor PAID for those uniforms and guns which are now in the hands of the ISSA.
manasota
South Yorkshire
manasota is male  manasota has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2014, 01:04 PM

I guess when 30,000 troops take off their uniforms and lay down their guns and RUN.. one would have to infer they don't wish to fight... whatever the reason for it. It is especially galling when WE.. the American Taxpayor PAID for those uniforms and guns which are now in the hands of the ISSA.
That's a reasonable inference, but we do actually know that virtually an entire layer of army officers deserted at the crucial period of the insurgents approaching Mosul. That was surely no coincidence, and in fact, they (the Iraqis) have since uncovered substantial intelligence revealing identities of all the moles and traitors who helped the insurgents.
It also shows that just arming and training an army guarantees nothing - as it always does (the west armed the Taliban as I recall) Leaving behind and funding infrastructure and economic capability is far more likely to have a positive outcome than weaponry.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top