Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2014, 07:54 PM

Re: Death Penalty

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
At least Fred West did the job for us
....AND Harold Shipman obliged, too. Both multiple killers.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2014, 07:54 PM

no the death penalty days are over. They're too busy getting mollycoddled in prison.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2014, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
no the death penalty days are over. They're too busy getting mollycoddled in prison.
Turn their WI-FI off....that'll upset them.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2014, 08:35 PM

The death penalty is state sanctioned, pre-meditated murder. A life sentence should mean just that, no release.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2014, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
The death penalty is state sanctioned, pre-meditated murder. A life sentence should mean just that, no release.

Agreed..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2014, 09:41 PM

Me too. Never understood why life isn't life at all.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2014, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
That's the huge problem - I'm saddened by the amount of family members of victims, that feel justice has not been served. Because, in this country - a 'life' sentence is very rarely carried out.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2014, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
That's the huge problem - I'm saddened by the amount of family members of victims, that feel justice has not been served. Because, in this country - a 'life' sentence is very rarely carried out.
That is the problem Patsy......considering that the death penalty was abolished in favour of whole life sentences.

As you say, very rarely carried out, a person sentenced to life imprisonment should serve exactly that.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2014, 11:59 AM

As I said above, I have no moral objection to the death penalty as long as we can be 100% sure that the person accused is the person wot dun it!
I have much more of an objection to the £14 million that it has cost taxpayers to keep Ian Brady in his comfortable mental hospital suite for the past 50 years. I have an objection to the estimated £1 million it costs the taxpayer to provide new identities to people like Jamie Bulger's killers, Ian Huntley's girlfriend, and a variety of other lowlifes who are at risk from attack once they complete their "life" sentences. I have an objection to the average £40,000 per year we pay for "people" like the killers of Lee Rigby to be incarcerated for the next 40 years or so.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2014, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
As I said above, I have no moral objection to the death penalty as long as we can be 100% sure that the person accused is the person wot dun it!
I have much more of an objection to the £14 million that it has cost taxpayers to keep Ian Brady in his comfortable mental hospital suite for the past 50 years. I have an objection to the estimated £1 million it costs the taxpayer to provide new identities to people like Jamie Bulger's killers, Ian Huntley's girlfriend, and a variety of other lowlifes who are at risk from attack once they complete their "life" sentences. I have an objection to the average £40,000 per year we pay for "people" like the killers of Lee Rigby to be incarcerated for the next 40 years or so.

I totally agree with you . If someone murdered one of my loved ones I know I would want the death penalty for them . I would not want them locked up for life at the tax payers expense .

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top