Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2014, 07:00 PM

Re: Dating again.

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I really do believe that ........
Me too .
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2014, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
I know someone who says "every pot has it's lid" .

Yes, the dating game is very difficult if you've been with the one you regarded as a soul mate for decades.

However, someone else will have lost their soul mate and maybe, just maybe, you might just "click". They say you can have more than one soul mate. I now understand and can say that this is so very true.

Good luck to all who date in later years. Remember one thing. If someone doesn't enhance your life and make you feel special, then they are not worth bothering about, and yes, you probably would be happier on your own. I've been very lucky that I've met someone who treats me like the only woman in the world. I hope it happens for you to.
I know what you are saying, but no-one could match him and also what if he was after your cash, would be hard to tell . No if I am left on my own I will stay alone.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2014, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I look around at my neighbours and my sister with their grumpy husbands and think ''My goodness if he was mine he would be getting a damson pudding'' (damsons are so bitter you can't taste the cyanide ).
The women seem to have no freedom from their men and appear to have to ask permission for everything they do

I do what I want when I want without having to bother about anyone. I guess being alone so long I have become very selfish and couldn't cope with trying to please anyone but the dog
Too true Meg. When I was on my own some of my married friends told me how lucky I was!! I was at a point where I was happy on my own and out of the blue someone came along. Not for a minute would I accept second best and I''ve met someone who enhances my life, and I enhance his. If that wasn't the case then I'd happily be on my own. I understand you completely.
Maggie1947
Kent
Maggie1947 is female  Maggie1947 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2014, 07:29 PM

Have been on my own for 7 years now.Think I will be staying like this, at least I can please myself on everything I do.Spend what I like, eat an watch what I want.
Last chap I was with was like walking on eggshells at times.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2014, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Maggie1947 ->
Have been on my own for 7 years now.Think I will be staying like this, at least I can please myself on everything I do.Spend what I like, eat an watch what I want.
Last chap I was with was like walking on eggshells at times.
Maggie I think being on ones own is very underrated.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2014, 07:56 PM

I think it's unfair to look at a few controlling men and thereby class them all the same. Each relationship is different and there is always good and bad within it with some women being as controlling as some men. Some men would be just as happy to live alone after years of living with a controlling wife, so it's certainly not something that can easily be generalised...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2014, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I think it's unfair to look at a few controlling men and thereby class them all the same. Each relationship is different and there is always good and bad within it with some women being as controlling as some men. Some men would be just as happy to live alone after years of living with a controlling wife, so it's certainly not something that can easily be generalised...
Barry has anyone said all men are the same
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2014, 07:58 PM

I for one, do NOT believe in the concept of "SOUL MATE".. IMO it simply does not exist. All meetings are by chance.. Serendipity with no grand design or predestination. Who's to say you couldn't have met any number of men and married and had a wonderful life? In fact... I'll go so far as to say that there are likely multiple suitable matches in a 50 mile radius of any one of us. The concept of "Soul Mate" is simply romantic nonsense with no basis in fact.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2014, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
I for one, do NOT believe in the concept of "SOUL MATE".. IMO it simply does not exist. All meetings are by chance.. Serendipity with no grand design or predestination. Who's to say you couldn't have met any number of men and married and had a wonderful life? In fact... I'll go so far as to say that there are likely multiple suitable matches in a 50 mile radius of any one of us. The concept of "Soul Mate" is simply romantic nonsense with no basis in fact.
Audrey, although I've quoted it, I have to agree. I used it as a term of being really close to someone. I've learnt that you can love again and it can be stronger than you thought possible. So yes, soul mate can be a worthless phrase. I never used the term soul mate till I came on here lol.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2014, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I look around at my neighbours and my sister with their grumpy husbands and think ''My goodness if he was mine he would be getting a damson pudding'' (damsons are so bitter you can't taste the cyanide ).
The women seem to have no freedom from their men and appear to have to ask permission for everything they do

I do what I want when I want without having to bother about anyone. I guess being alone so long I have become very selfish and couldn't cope with trying to please anyone but the dog

That is the same for me Meg. I don't think I could live with anybody now because I am too used to doing things how and when I want. You get used to it and the longer it goes on, the harder I think it would be to change.
On the other hand, like you, I have my dogs. I can't imagine being very happy coming home to an empty house every day, and I find them good company. We never fall out, never argue, they are never in a bad mood and there's no shirts to iron!

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top