Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2016, 06:26 AM

Re: Man Mauled By Pack Of Dogs In His Own Home

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
5 Bull mastiffs in the house ?
In this world I have always found that you get what you deserve ... Especially when dealing with dogs !
A bit too harsh perhaps but I share your fundamental line of reasoning. I do not think kindly upon people who keep dogs inside their homes. And I say that from the animal's point of view.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2016, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Advantage Out ->
. I do not think kindly upon people who keep dogs inside their homes. And I say that from the animal's point of view.
Most dogs these days wuldnt survive long outside. A lot of countries have laws that prevent the majority form keeping a dog outside.

The dogs attacked him which doesnt necessarily mean he was the target.
If this was a mixed group male/female then it could have been male rivelry over a female that triggered fighting between dogs which this man became mixed up in.
That has been known to happen.
As mentioned until the full story is know (and possibly not even then) we wont be able to judge if this was an actual attack or human error.
The point is the dogs are now in limbo and their lives hang in the balance.

Edit.. Have just read the dogs had been involved in a house fire the dogs sire (father) had died in, plus their female owner was rushed to hospital in an ambulance that morning.

Possible they were terrified and unsettled left with a stranger in a 1 bed flat..
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2016, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Most dogs these days wuldnt survive long outside. A lot of countries have laws that prevent the majority form keeping a dog outside.

The dogs attacked him which doesnt necessarily mean he was the target.
If this was a mixed group male/female then it could have been male rivelry over a female that triggered fighting between dogs which this man became mixed up in.
That has been known to happen.
As mentioned until the full story is know (and possibly not even then) we wont be able to judge if this was an actual attack or human error.
The point is the dogs are now in limbo and their lives hang in the balance.
I understand that Cass, and it's all very interesting but you do understand what I mean about dogs in the house. And whatever this particular situation eventually reveals, it is a very safe bet that "being inside the house" will turn out to be a main factor. The difference between "wild" and "domestic" is often little more than contrived semantics.

In my final argument, I do not agree that "the point" is the lives of the dogs, rather the life(es) of humans in their proximity.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

08-03-2016, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Edit.. Have just read the dogs had been involved in a house fire the dogs sire (father) had died in, plus their female owner was rushed to hospital in an ambulance that morning.

Possible they were terrified and unsettled left with a stranger in a 1 bed flat..
More reason why dogs ought not be inside any house.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2016, 09:42 AM

What a load of ill-informed nonsense. Because I have spent the past 25 years involved with dog sports (sled dog racing), dog showing and dog rescue, most of the people I know have 5 or more dogs living very happily as part of the family. We have 10 dogs ourselves and in over 20 years have never had any kind of incident with our own dogs, nor have any of my friends with multiple dogs. It's not about the dogs, it's about the management and training of the dogs.
People are speculating wildly about what happened and why in this particular tragedy, but at the moment we know absolutely nothing about the circumstances which led to this incident. Until we do, it would be better to wait until we actually have some concrete evidence to base our theories upon.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2016, 09:44 AM

More reason why dogs ought not be inside any house.
Don't think my 5lb chihuahua would agree she needs a jumper or coat this time of year to venture out.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

08-03-2016, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
What a load of ill-informed nonsense. Because I have spent the past 25 years involved with dog sports (sled dog racing), dog showing and dog rescue .....
Really, Mick? And how many of those sports were done "indoors"?
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

08-03-2016, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Don't think my 5lb chihuahua would agree she needs a jumper or coat this time of year to venture out.
Dear Miss Human Being who's contributed to the import of canine .... why do you think they are called "chihuahua"?
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2016, 11:30 AM

Really, Mick? And how many of those sports were done "indoors"?
That's not the point AO - Huskies are an incredibly human/family oriented dog. When ours aren't working, it is almost impossible to get them off the sofa, the bed or your lap! They were bred by the Chukchi people not only to be incredibly hard-working outdoor sled dogs, but also to be warm indoor sleeping companions for the Chukchi children.

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2016, 11:36 AM

Dear Miss Human Being who's contributed to the import of canine .... why do you think they are called "chihuahua"?
There is a lot of mystery surrounding where they came from not much proof for any one idea.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top