Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 05:31 PM

Re: Are you Happy with your Hair

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I like that one.
I have never complained about me hair, I could have said I have a grand head of hair still but I’m a sensitive creature and think of my fellow male members who may not be so well bestowed. Grey it may well be, but you know what they say “Better grey than gone away”
Not so sure about that saying I quite like a bald man.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 05:49 PM

I think I am liking my hair more as I get older. I have it layered and the longest is on my shoulders. I have always had hair that has about four or five different colours in it (this is natural as I don't colour it). In summer it does look better as the sun highlights it.
I have got some grey hairs in there but you would be hard fast to see them, I wash it, put a brush through it and I am ready to go, I have it cut every 6 weeks so it keeps smart.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Not so sure about that saying I quite like a bald man.
Right on Julie, nothing wrong with being bald at all, it's hereditary, actually I think all future generations of males will be bald at an early age, (I nearly slipped up there, I almost said that they will be born bald) Just look at some of the contestants on quiz shows, almost half of the males are bald or going bald, look at the footballers all rapidly receding, is it something in the water these days? or the chemicals in shampoos, we never used shampoos in our hair when we were young, that was strictly for the girls, soap and hot water was good enough for us. Anyway bald men will be the majority fairly soon judging by what I can see.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Aysa you may get a surprise mine went madly curly when it came back and has been like it ever since - quite a difference to how it as previously.
Id be over the moon if it grew back straight lol..knowing my luck it will still be curly yukkkkk
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Id be over the moon if it grew back straight lol..knowing my luck it will still be curly yukkkkk
Sorry Aysa, I have known plenty with straight hair that went curly but none with curly hair that went straight. Anyway, whatever we have we are never satisfied, ask everybody!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 08:12 PM

See Twink thats just my luck!!!
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 08:51 PM

In the past I've tortured mine with tints and rinses, back-combing, sprays and potions and, once or twice, horrible perms. I once dyed it 'Cilla Black red' because I was tired of blonde. I tried straighteners but I was alarmed by the smoke that came off it and I burned my ear. Now it's long, platinum (blonde mixed with white!) and pulled back into a ponytail because I resent the cost of going to the hairdresser. Are we ever satisfied?
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 09:31 PM

I am, and now I am growing it a bit, can either have it up or down which rings the changes nicely.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 09:58 PM

I'm lazy about hair care.
I've never dyed it, permed it or even used hair spray. Haven't set foot in a hairdressers since the late 1980's either.

It's a shaggy pelt, probably full of split ends but Mr M likes it.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by countrygirl ->
In the past I've tortured mine with tints and rinses, back-combing, sprays and potions and, once or twice, horrible perms. I once dyed it 'Cilla Black red' because I was tired of blonde. I tried straighteners but I was alarmed by the smoke that came off it and I burned my ear. Now it's long, platinum (blonde mixed with white!) and pulled back into a ponytail because I resent the cost of going to the hairdresser. Are we ever satisfied?
No we are never satisfied CG! I have done similar things to mine , over the years and only visit the hair dresser when I have too. It is still long and straight, so these days I just put a brush through it.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top