Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2014, 04:47 PM

Re: Tommy Cooper

I love that Patsy! You could post it every day and I wouldn't tire of it.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2014, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I love that Patsy! You could post it every day and I wouldn't tire of it.
Glad you liked it gal - prepare to be slapped any day now
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2014, 07:07 PM

I watched most of it last night and enjoyed what I saw, I thought the actors made a good job of what they had to work with, someone is always bound to be upset when the subject is a famous persons life.
I thought Rab Nesbitt (I think the actors name is Gregor Fisher) played his manager very well.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2014, 08:20 PM

I enjoyed it too. Funny how so many comedians are alcoholics, but it must be incredibly stressful coming up with original funny material night after night, although his humour didn't really do it for me.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2014, 08:30 PM

I didn't watch the programme because I disliked Tommy Cooper, I found him quite embarrassing to watch.
I did wonder if any mention was made of his twin brother?
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2014, 07:49 AM

I like Ken Dodd also Benny Hill.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2014, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
I enjoyed it too. Funny how so many comedians are alcoholics, but it must be incredibly stressful coming up with original funny material night after night, although his humour didn't really do it for me.
Maybe when they first start out they write their own stuff, but I have a feeling most end up using a bevy of writers, as for new stuff night after night, no way, get a routine then repeat as necessary from venue to venue. Take a break for a year or so, get new routine, and repeat.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2014, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I like Ken Dodd also Benny Hill.
Most definitely no, but funnily enough occasionally yes.
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2014, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I think its very sad, that after all these years that he has past away, they have to dig up dirt on him. Why can't they leave the past alone.
I agree SJ..but having said that I could not bear Tommy Cooper..even from an early age..whilst others around me would be guffawing, I would stare at his antics...perplexed...puzzled even..

Now people may say that I have had a sense of humour bypass, but the thing is, before I will laugh, I have to find something funny!!!
Purdy
Yorkshire. UK
Purdy is female  Purdy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2014, 01:11 PM

I know this post is finished now, but we watched it. We couldn't stand his "humour" to silly to laugh at!
but I found his story rather sad. and if his wife had kept going with him on tour for the company (which he craved) he wouldn't have got involved in another woman.
that's what I think anyway.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top